Question about fork springs.

5spoke

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently bought a 2008 FZ6 that came with the 30mm lower hyperpro spring kit installed. I plan to revert the rear suspension back to the stock shock/spring combo and hopefully buy some racetech front fork springs for my weight. My question is do the front hyperpro fork springs differ in the lower kit versus the regular height kit?

I am trying to figure out if I can throw the stock rear spring back on and ride it with the hyperpro front's until I decide on which new fork springs i want. I am just uncertain whether the lowering kit actually messes with the front suspension differently than the regular kit. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I am 6'5" so the lowering kit is not going to work in the long run for me.

5spoke

Reaction score
Visit site
No one knows whether the front fork springs differ in the two versions of the Hyperpro kits? :(

Spideyrex

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I have the regular length Hyperpros with a stock rear spring and it is great. The Hyperpros are a progressive spring, they get stiffer as they go through the stroke. My guess would be that the shorter ones just get stiffer more quickly, maybe at the sacrifice of some travel. Hyperpro also recommends thicker fork oil that improved the dampening. Both kits I believe are installed in the same manner, they are drop in's so nothing is altered other than the lower ride height. But again I don't have the short ones so this is a guess.

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey if you want to get rid of the hyperpro lower rear spring, I might be interested - but I am over the ocean in Australia...

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently bought a 2008 FZ6 that came with the 30mm lower hyperpro spring kit installed. I plan to revert the rear suspension back to the stock shock/spring combo and hopefully buy some racetech front fork springs for my weight. My question is do the front hyperpro fork springs differ in the lower kit versus the regular height kit?

I am trying to figure out if I can throw the stock rear spring back on and ride it with the hyperpro front's until I decide on which new fork springs i want. I am just uncertain whether the lowering kit actually messes with the front suspension differently than the regular kit. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I am 6'5" so the lowering kit is not going to work in the long run for me.

PM sent 01APR