Puig Windscreen making noise

Zebratounge

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone else have this problem?
07 with Puig racing. I can hear a resonating sound coming from the windscreen.
When I reach up and touch it. I can feel vibration.
It is driving me crazy. I noticed someone had put a piece of foam between their windscreen and the fairing. That may stop the vibration...

100_1748.jpg

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
I dont experience this while driving, I've got the touring version. The only problem I have is when i hold the side of the screen it creeks alightly when it rubs up against the fairing.

Get some double sided foam tape and try it...just drill the holes for the screen etc...should work a treat! :)

D

Deleted member 2349

I get some whilsting on my 05 pretty steady around 50 MPH...i hate it but can't figure out where its comming from...it almost sounds like airflow in the space between the forks and top clamp...it seems to muffle a bit if I put my hand down by the rear of the headlight are...anyone have this buzz/whistle? Not sure if it has to do with the Puig.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Between the wind and my exhaust I can't hear **** at highway speeds.

On the 04-06's there's supposed to be little strips of plastic that go on the edges of the windshield, but I don't have them on mine(with a puig)

cobalt

Cobalt '08
Reaction score
Visit site
I noticed your pic, I have the same windscreen (in smoke),
I put the piece of molding on the lower leading edge,
after seeing your pic I scoured all the pics I could find and
have come to the conclusion that yours is in the wrong place,
I didn't see any instructions and thought that I did good, but your
pic sure makes me wonder. I am not experiencing any strange noises though.

food for thought
also with the molding on the lower leading edge, it would seat against the fairing
and eliminate any noise/vibration.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Between the wind and my exhaust I can't hear **** at highway speeds.

On the 04-06's there's supposed to be little strips of plastic that go on the edges of the windshield, but I don't have them on mine(with a puig)

That's called screen trim by the way. You can find it all over the place in different colours. It will reduce wind blast a bit and make it look a bit nicer - but it will increase wind noise. I thought about getting some for mine but decided I preferred a bit less noise over a bit less wind blast.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
In related news, after I installed a Puig Double Bubble Racing Screen on my 06, I was impressed at how much it cut down on the wind and the roar compared to the OEM screen.
On the post-installation ride, I noticed a high-pitched squealing noise right away that increased in proportion to road speed. After spending about an hour riding, trying to locate the source of the wind squeal, I cracked open my RF-1000's visor when it started to fog up from my frustration and the squeal immediately stopped. :eek:
Sometimes noises aren't coming from where you think they are.

tedrogers

Reaction score
Visit site
My whole front fairing vibrates at low speeds...I just wear earplugs and when at motorway speeds I can't hear naff all anyway! :D