Puig Darksmoke db

mixalis82

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,

Just today I installed my new PUIG db dark smoke windshield, and all went well, procedure was easy and all.

The thing is that when it was up and ready, the left and right side of the wshield didnt mount well on the cowling. both sides had a little slack and I had to push them down to mount properly. So now I'm stuck with two sides slacking a little bit above the mounting points (left and right lower edge)

And a screen to clarify the area

imagephp.jpg

Anyone had similar problems or know a way to deal with it?

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Well I didn't experience any mounting problems at all with my PUIG installation.

Are you saying that you have gaps on each side between the PUIG and the bike?

I think I have very minor gaps between the top faring and the PUIG.

I would undo the 'nose' screw in the PUIG, then mount down the other bolts, then install the bottom 'nose' screw. This way, it 'pushes' the PUIG down onto your bike. Try that.

Last edited:

Howattzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,

Just today I installed my new PUIG db dark smoke windshield, and all went well, procedure was easy and all.

The thing is that when it was up and ready, the left and right side of the wshield didnt mount well on the cowling. both sides had a little slack and I had to push them down to mount properly. So now I'm stuck with two sides slacking a little bit above the mounting points (left and right lower edge)

And a screen to clarify the area

imagephp.jpg

Anyone had similar problems or know a way to deal with it?

I recently installed a Puig "racing" in dark smoke on my 2007 and had no troubles. It appears to be a good fit, not to mention, the best looking mod I have done to my bike so far! Good luck,

Howattzer

mixalis82

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I didn't experience any mounting problems at all with my PUIG installation.

Are you saying that you have gaps on each side between the PUIG and the bike?

I think I have very minor gaps between the top faring and the PUIG.

I would undo the 'nose' screw in the PUIG, then mount down the other bolts, then install the bottom 'nose' screw. This way, it 'pushes' the PUIG down onto your bike. Try that.

Yes, that's what I mean, gaps between the top fairing and the PUIG. Like it doesn't bolt down properly. It's quite firm though. I had an issue with the two top screws too, which didn't actually screw downright, cause the "path" from the PUIG to the fairing is not exactly vertical. I must have done something wrong :p

The bottom nose screw...That's a nice approach I think I'll try that. It's the racing one alright and yeah it is a very good looking "mod".

schumacher62

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, that's what I mean, gaps between the top fairing and the PUIG. Like it doesn't bolt down properly. It's quite firm though. I had an issue with the two top screws too, which didn't actually screw downright, cause the "path" from the PUIG to the fairing is not exactly vertical. I must have done something wrong :p

The bottom nose screw...That's a nice approach I think I'll try that. It's the racing one alright and yeah it is a very good looking "mod".

interesting, as i too just installed a dark smoke puig on my 07. the only weirdness was when i screwed the fairing on, it felt as though i was putting the screws into some rubber type thread. it let me tighten it without the secure feeling of it being firmly mounted into some hard female thread receiving end.

otherwise the install was simple, the screen looks great and its good having something a bit taller and thicker than the stock screen.

mixalis82

Reaction score
Visit site
And something a bit offtopic, if I was to buy the front cowling for my 04, but the cowlling was that with the Fazer logo on the sides and the silver stripes on it, which is a 07 model I think, would that fit to my 04?

Thats the one I'm referring to
1b7c_1.JPG

Last edited:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
interesting, as i too just installed a dark smoke puig on my 07. the only weirdness was when i screwed the fairing on, it felt as though i was putting the screws into some rubber type thread. it let me tighten it without the secure feeling of it being firmly mounted into some hard female thread receiving end.

You are not far off there... The'nuts' that the windscreen screws into are incased in rubber. It's a type of "shock mounting". It's a rubber insert, with a metal threaded core.

Another thing that might help is I replaced the cheep plastic (yes they are plastic) windscreen screws with metal screws from Lockheart Philips.

Last edited:

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
You are not far off there... The'nuts' that the windscreen screws into are incased in rubber. It's a type of "shock mounting". It's a rubber insert, with a metal threaded core.

Another thing that might help is I replaced the cheep plastic (yes they are plastic) windscreen screws with metal screws from Lockheart Philips.

Did you need well nuts or just normal (or does it matter if you are only going to use the bolts)?

Last edited:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Lol..you answered your own question. You don't need the nuts that come with the LP screws, so buy which ever on e is cheaper (or in stock) ;)