Proud Masshole

Atila

Reaction score
Visit site
New to the forum, but I had my FZ6 since July of last year. It's my first bike and, for a tall guy, I'm 6'2", It's pretty comfortable. I put about 5k miles on it until Nov of last year, after that it's just too cold to ride anymore. Now that I got that freshman instinct of just wanting to be on my bike at all times, I figured I'd spend some time and share my FZ6 with you guys and start looking into how you all mod your bikes. I've been into cars since a child and a car mechanic for the last 4 years. Any thing that my bike needs done I try and do my self from mechanical to electrical down to body work. It helps that I work at a body shop too :D But I do find the options for modding a FZ6 is very limited, unless I am just not looking in the right place, but I've looked long and hard. I haven't done much as far as performance, I got the bike already with 2 TwoBrothers Exhaust, a ****ty speedo that originally never even turned on, naked conversion and K&N air filter. Since owning it I cleaned the air filter, changed the spark plugs for some fresh iridium ones, installed a fresh battery and replaced the old stater with an A/M one, lots of other FZ6 riders went A/M as it is better performing and less expensive than the yamaha OE replacement. Here's how I've been able to dress mine up over the past year. If you really want to know where I got my body panels from PM me and I'll gladly share, Otherwise share your opinions please! I want to know what I can do to really make this thing move, any tips on gaining performance are welcome! Handling, power, braking, share them all.

Attachments

• 20190329_115630.jpg
    20190329_115630.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 28
  • received_549336658806150.jpg
    received_549336658806150.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 30

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
depending on the mods you want to do, you can look at webike japan, they have many parts that come in from time to time like seat cowls which seem pretty rare most of the time. They are great for things like helmet locks, fairings, oil filler covers , brake levers, up to full exhaust systems and custom seats.
BTW welcome from down under.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
A proud Masshole, if I didn't know the area one could think of other meanings.... ha! Welcome aboard!

Bling:
Throw a black S2 swing arm on there.

Function:
Polish the headers - 10hp! ;)
R6 forks
Fuel controller & tune
Advance the ignition timing

FZ1 bars
PC everything silver to black!
Maybe add some Yamaha OEM euro DRL/Blinkers up front.... see build thread.

Atila

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the insight AGF! I'll have to check them out.

FinalImpact I'm glad you understand massholes haha. I actually want to swap out my whole headlight assy for the euro one. I didn't know about the S2 swing arm but they do look way a lot nicer, seen a couple guys with them and always wondered what swing arm it was. Any specific fuel controllers you would recommend, or decent tunes??

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you find a Bazzaz Z-FI i can send you my tune but you really need one from an S1.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
A lil polish and lots of buffing:

Stainless Steel brake lines:

A very simple and effective suspension upgrade, air suspension in the stock forks. Infinitely adjustable, loose what ever amount of sag you wish. Two shrader valves, some epoxy and some drilling in the caps (Been about 3 years since this mod, works wonderful):

Helmet lock bracket and assembly: