Protective Jeans

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just overpants and boots, were not talking about a one piece. But I guess I could relate, not all riders and gear are the same. Ask me to put on a suit and tie, and it takes me 10 minutes. I know for most people it may only taken them a few minutes max.

Last edited:

LeeFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I have Draggin Jeans. They're really good quality Kevlar jeans, quite comfy and you can have knee pads as on option (Velcro adjustable). I just upgrade myself to leather pants (AGV Sport Willow leather pants). They're much better protection if i ever go down. If you want a wear over pants, you should look for Aerostich. Nothing can beat the Aerostich quality. Get what you paid for.

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
I have an Olympia Stealth one-piece oversuit I wear on the 90+ degree days. It's mostly mesh with textile in the high abrasion areas and armor in the impact areas. It doesn't feel nearly as protective as my Aerostich, but it's certainly better than riding in just jeans. That's one reason why I like the one-piece oversuits, it eliminates the temptation to ride without Attgat.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Our freeways here in California are concrete with rain grooves. When you go down on the freeway it's like a cheese grater. Most of my riding is on mountain and desert roads.

Just so there's no confusion when we use the trade name, "Kevlar" most of those jeans may use a material that incorporates a Kevlar thread when weaving the material for the re enforcement area but that material is in no way the material used in Motoport's riding gear. The Kevlar mesh on my Motoport pants allow a tremendous amount of air to pass. Depending on the type pants, the front part of the pant is a coarser open mesh while the rear of the pant is a stretchier Kevlar combination material that lets air flow in one direction, out of the pant. The front material claims that it is 10 times the abrasion resistance of leather while the back material is 4 times the abrasion resistance of leather. One of their over pants is very commuter and work friendly with a heavy duty zipper that runs the entire length of one leg all the way to the waist making them quick to get on and off.
They also have a Kevlar jean type pant that is made from the stretch Kevlar which is again 4 times the abrasion resistance of leather. Two of my friends have the jean type.

Pricey? Yes! Priceless Yes!!!!

I'm in a less upright position on my SV and when it's really hot out I'll stick my legs out, off the pegs and the air really flows. They will outperform any textile pant for protection and airflow. They are washable with the armor still inside.

I've just recently gotten another leather jacket that's got great airflow and will replace my textile hot weather jacket. I will review it when I get more time riding with it but it is great so far! Even though it's leather another important consideration is how the seams are sewn and what the thread is. It may look nice but I've had a few people show me their gear after a down and the gear looked like it exploded!

Just remember your ass is priceless! :cheer::spank::rockon:

[MENTION=83]VEGASRIDER[/MENTION] Kenny how long have you had your pants?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
About 6 years. Worn just about everyday of the year, put on and off thousands of times. It is showing wear though and I probabably will need a replacement soon. If it's possible to wear out there gear from daily use, I have done it. There are a few things that I think would improve the pants so I may ask a special request for my next pair.

BatmanFZ6

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
Visit site
Do they ever! I have a pair of Draggin'Jeans, and they are way hotter than just slipping my overpants over anything else! The jeans with the kevlar just don't breathe really well.
But good luck with whatever you choose.

Well I should note I am originally from Florida so my definition of hot is usually different them a lot of people lol. I have only lived in KS for going on 6 years and I have owned 1 pair of shorts in the past 20 years.