Project TRX! A semi faithful restoration! Finished! :)

Should i leave the bike with OEM Paint scheme?

• White frame, and plain RED OEM paintwork

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • White frame, RED bodywork with WHITE racing stripe full length of the bike

Votes: 16 72.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
re: Project TRX! A semi faithful restoration! Finished! Video & photo's now up! :)

Have got the bike back! Didnt get much of a ride in yesterday, and last night i tried to get a decent blat in, but just as we took off, it started to rain...but we went out anyway...roads were damp, and i was still getting used to the bike....equals a a pretty crap ride!

Mikey and myself...more Mikey, set up the bike's suspension...well we got a base setting, sorting static sag, etc...

About the only thing i actually managed to do, was get the bike dirty! :eek:

So last night i got busy, and did the little things i needed to do....fit "new" OEM rear indicators, replace original engine bolts with new Stainless bolts, replace crap blue LED bulbs in dash, with decent clear white globes...then i gave the bike a real decent detail...looks like a "new" bike again! :D

The bike also had a flat battery when i got it back, so as i dont really enjoy getting my friends to push start me, i went and got a replacement battery today...WIN!

I then snuck a little ride in....about 4 laps of a well known set of Twisties near home....

Well, the result is this...effortless to ride, just sensational through corners, very stable, yet very fast steering, and quick through the corner, in a lazy v-twin type of way....

Truckloads of grip frim the Dunlop Q2 tyres (33 psi rear/29 psi front), truckloads of ground clearance, lots of decent engine braking, and soupy, power in anygear above 4000rpm....

Fueling is a bit crappy from 2000rpm, to 3000rpm, but i knew that when i left the shop with the bike....will go back to the shop next Tuesday to sort this little issue out....

But overall, straight "out the box", this bike is lovely to ride....motor still a bit tight, but that will work itself out soon enough...

Photo's coming soon....

Video coming soon....

:thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
re: Project TRX! A semi faithful restoration! Finished! Video & photo's now up! :)

Congratulations Jamie! :BLAA:

Wow! It's almost been a year since you originally posted on this project!
Great to hear you're up n running with this bike!

Last edited:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Hey Congrats Jamie, glad I was able to help in a small way for you to achieve your goal.
I kinda feel connected, so I am really keen to see lotsa pics and a video would be grand.
I've really enjoyed following your project!:rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Some Video...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BINRBTHJ6Vw]TRX850 Custom Headers, GYTR pipe. - YouTube[/ame]

Photo's to come.....

TURN IT UP!

:rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Some photo's....

p1090355resize.jpg

p1090356resize.jpg

p1090358rfesize.jpg

p1090366resize.jpg

Just full bike shots for now, detail shots later.... :thumbup:

It truly is a beautiful bike...

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: Well done Jamie ( & Mikey ) a years worth of blood , sweat & tears followed by the odd trip to the special cupboard have all come together to create this work of art...... I FREAKING LOVE IT :rockon: :rockon:

Your more than welcome to park that in my driveway anytime :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Will be appearing in an international 80's & 90's resto mag soon enough! :)

Thanks for the nice words peeps! It has been a massive labour of love...I reckon I have given it about 400 hours of my life!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Love the sound of that twin!! Beautiful machine!! Well done!!! :rockon: Like the white wheels and now I'm wondering how the SV would look sporting the white.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations Jamie! :BLAA:

Wow! It's almost been a year since you originally posted on this project!
Great to hear you're up n running with this bike!

It's a year tomorrow in fact!

But in reality, i didnt really start the hard work till a bit after that...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, doesn't quite look like the scrap metal we saw in your shed back in March!

Job well done :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes it was pretty much scrap, was'nt it! Will give everyone a strong tip, DONT tackle a project that has a busted motor...it more than doubles the cost of a restoration project!

:eek:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Beautiful is all that comes to my head right now

Cheers, you have followed this build from the start, and have had lots of nice things to say, was wondering what you would say upon the bikes completion... cheers again.

Love the sound of that twin!! Beautiful machine!! Well done!!! :rockon: Like the white wheels and now I'm wondering how the SV would look sporting the white.

SV's look great with white wheels....hot tip, get them powdercoated white, dont paint them white, the powdercoating is way easier to get clean, once dirty.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great brother, well done.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk