pro taper bars

sleepymas

Reaction score
Visit site
I put pro taper se dirt bars on my 2008 fz6 on saturday. I love how the bike turns now, i just need to get used to the new sweep and width of them.

i have one issue though, the vibrate more than the stock, like if you touch clutch lever it is going crazy. i filled the bars with bb's at advice of bike shop. That got me closer to stock but still vibes a little more than stock. the bb's moved the vibe from 4k to 6k over 8 its find and below 5 its fine. i know 5-6 is bad vibe on the bikes.

the big issue is i need to find bar ends now, i bought some cheapies to tide me over and found out the bars are to narrow for a normal bar end so i was wondering if anyone knows what bar ends may fit in these bars?

i will review bars more once the rain is gone, but so far i love them minus the vibration but learning to live with it.:thumbup:

Here you go:

30740d1283434171-fs-hvmp-heavy-bar-end-weights-hvmp3.jpg

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/18575-renthal-handlebar-hvmp-bar-ends-oury-grips.html

http://www.600riders.com/forum/how-...-weights-aftermarket-aluminum-handlebars.html

Last edited:
thank you, i searched but i used pro taper as my search did not think about renthal. i did not realize they would be the same size. :rockon:

Yeah, you can order universal (it might be the exact same bar end with different hardware). Neither will work with your bar out of the box. I think internal diameter on yours is 12mm, right?
You'll have to put together hardware like I did for mine. It's really easy and inexpensive.

yeah, i was thinking that it may just be hardware related. i also thought about using the suzuki stock ones and changing hardware. i have not measured internal yet but i know its smaller than normal since the universals i bought would not fit. your plan does look very simple just walk down the isle and store and see what you can make. maybe i will try to build the hardware for the ones i have till i can come up with money for the nice ones.

my other plan was to tap the bar and just screw in the original but i read people say dont do that.

my other plan was to tap the bar and just screw in the original but i read people say dont do that.

That was my original plan too and I'm pretty sure few here have done it without issues, but it's not advised by most.

Back