Pressurized gas tank?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just an FYI, I had my tank up yesterday doing a TB sync.

When setting the tank back down (I have risers/set-backs) so I have to pull the rear bolt, lift the tank, then re-install the rear bolt.

Once done with my sync, and the tank set back down, I found the left side hose, from the tank, trying to kink at the rear of the tank, left side(before it exits near the shock). With a good flashlight, a long screwdriver, I was able to straighten the line out. The right side just about fell into place.. Both lines (stock lines) both exit the RS, by the O2 sensor. There is a plastic ring that I ran both hoses thru.

IF, one of those hoses is shorter than the other, (and it has't been cut) its going to be kinked... Just something to be aware of / check if the gas cap is clear..

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
so apparently the cap is holding pressure again,

It was 70degreese down in Tampa and I decided to check the tank for good measure.
As soon as I opened the cap (full tank of gas) it pretty much exploded in my face.....30 min of standing in front of a hose I could see again :eek:

Im just gunna replace the cap, I am not dealing with that crap again!

tdbill

Reaction score
Visit site
If the tube is unrestricted from the red rubber to the end of the tube, and you took the cap apart and made sure there is no restriction/goop where the cap/small hole meets the rubber than i'd say a cap is your fix!

Not true - the EVAP system on an OBD II equipped vehicle typically has a fuel tank pressure sensor. This monitors the pressure inside the fuel tank and can determine if there is an EVAP leak, i.e. if the fuel tank pressure never seems to rise regardless of the opening/closing of the vent valve and purging of the vapor canister, there is a problem. The EVAP system never actualy "pressurizes" the system.

Sorry, not trying to be a dick, just an important distinction.

Your wrong... If the system uses a ldp (or leak detection pump), then it does in fact pressurize the system. It monitors the required amperage to pump the system to a set level to determine if there is a leak.

The method you describe above is known as a "gradient" leak test. The system uses engine vacuum to pull the entire evap system under vacuum. The ftps (fuel tank pressure sensor) monitors voltage to determine if there is a leak.

FWIW, I don't think any motorcycle uses a LDP setup, and for years manufacturers only put evap emissions setups on California bikes.

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
so I pulled the tank up again and noticed a crease in the right vent hose....but it is only kinking AFTER I pull it straight...apparently when I tighten the tank bolts down it pinches it...so i fixed that and I expect it to be fixed :D