Preload adjustor for the front

stanco

Reaction score
Visit site
Sharing is caring! :rockon:

for those interested, go to ebay and search for "fz6 preload adjustor". it's a simple 1-to-1 swop with our stock cap. 5 min job. ;)

zmlfo.jpg

11gujr8.jpg

i'm using racetech spring + this preload adjustor. firm like hell! next up, racetech fork valve emulator. :Flash::Flash:

p/s: appreciate if someone can reupload the pic for me. i am using tinypic, pic will be gone soon.

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You can also get the straight from their website if you don't love ebay so much that you want to give them 14% of the sale. And you don't have to say you bought them on ebay.

http://www.slingshotracing.net

Thanks for posting. I've been looking at these since another member posted last week.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, those look very nice.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think it would be mostly wasted on the stock suspension unless the stock springs are right for your weight and riding style. Would probably mean under 100 lbs and ride very slowly. I'd say to upgrade springs and oil with this money first, then worry about adjustability.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Funny this just came up:BLAA:

I just put these on along with RT .95 springs, 15w oil, and spacers cut to 6 1/4".

Still some tweeking to do but the ride is amazing! The fork actually does what it's supposed to do.

stanco

Reaction score
Visit site
The only affordable route I know of before this existed, for those who didn't want to do the R6 mod was the TDM900 adjusters. They're had to come by, though. I've never seen one for sale and I have no idea the cost. It's mentioned here:

Queries on Racetech Fork Springs - Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum

i was the one who mentioned it in the thread. :p

but my mech told me that was hard to come by so i would prolly waited till i change bike and it still wouldnt come. lol..

How big a difference would this make to stock front suspension?

like what mikw73 mentioned. it's best to change spring first.

i changed it with another friend of mine. his was on stock spring, just slight improvement if you ask me, but the stock spring is kinda ****ty in the first place.

i would say this will go better with ohlin spring cos ohlin spring only has 2 rating, and with this, you can adjust it harder. i'm using racetech spring and the rating is already catered to my weight, so the differences is also quite minimal.

I think it would be mostly wasted on the stock suspension unless the stock springs are right for your weight and riding style. Would probably mean under 100 lbs and ride very slowly. I'd say to upgrade springs and oil with this money first, then worry about adjustability.

Funny this just came up:BLAA:

I just put these on along with RT .95 springs, 15w oil, and spacers cut to 6 1/4".

Still some tweeking to do but the ride is amazing! The fork actually does what it's supposed to do.

i guess we are almost on the same setting. i am looking at the RT golden valve emulator next to improve the damping. :D

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i was the one who mentioned it in the thread. :p

but my mech told me that was hard to come by so i would prolly waited till i change bike and it still wouldnt come. lol..

like what mikw73 mentioned. it's best to change spring first.

i changed it with another friend of mine. his was on stock spring, just slight improvement if you ask me, but the stock spring is kinda ****ty in the first place.

i would say this will go better with ohlin spring cos ohlin spring only has 2 rating, and with this, you can adjust it harder. i'm using racetech spring and the rating is already catered to my weight, so the differences is also quite minimal.

i guess we are almost on the same setting. i am looking at the RT golden valve emulator next to improve the damping. :D

TBH I dont feel the need for the emulators. Just the spring and oil change was a major difference on how the bike handled. Paying another 160+ for the emulators, :eek:. You might as well put the R6 forks on and call it a day. My 2 cents.

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
TBH I dont feel the need for the emulators. Just the spring and oil change was a major difference on how the bike handled. Paying another 160+ for the emulators, :eek:. You might as well put the R6 forks on and call it a day. My 2 cents.
agreed. and that's what i did. nv regretted after i installed the r6 forks.

stanco

Reaction score
Visit site

hmm, good point, but i just feel the damping can be further improved. but anyway i am more keen to change my brake pump to rcs19, rear shock and exhaust first. :rockon:

agreed. and that's what i did. nv regretted after i installed the r6 forks.

dragonforce? haha.. ur bike is insanity. :BLAA: