Powerbronze lowers finally installed!!

Pics with decals............
MyFZ6001.jpg

MyFZ6002.jpg

Well, it's a tie. I like it equally as well with or without the decal. I'll skip the decal on mine at fist, then when I want a change I'll put a decal on. This is all pending if a guy trades me a quad for my FZ tomorrow. If he does, I'll make out on the deal, but I'm really kinda hoping he doesn't trade me.

The paint shop here just used some clear they already had. They do great work, matches the factory paint job exactly. I couldn't be happier! At least until I find some turn signals I like. ;)

we might have a miscommunication, the 06 and 07 red colors are "3 coat" systems, unlike the normal 2 coat. Your blue one has 2 coats, "blue paint" and "clear"...if you check color rites site, it tells you (and is also common knowledge about the candy red) that the red bikes have a "base", "top", and a "clear". the base is a silverish metalic, the top is a clearish red(candy) and then the regular ole clear on top of that. so where as you bought 1 $80 half pint can, the red bikes have to have two $80 cans, (base, and top) plus the clear....that make a little more sense than my previous post?

we might have a miscommunication, the 06 and 07 red colors are "3 coat" systems, unlike the normal 2 coat. Your blue one has 2 coats, "blue paint" and "clear"...if you check color rites site, it tells you (and is also common knowledge about the candy red) that the red bikes have a "base", "top", and a "clear". the base is a silverish metalic, the top is a clearish red(candy) and then the regular ole clear on top of that. so where as you bought 1 $80 half pint can, the red bikes have to have two $80 cans, (base, and top) plus the clear....that make a little more sense than my previous post?

Oh I see now.
One guy told me NAPA can color match the paint also. I wonder if that could be done with the red also. Significantly cheaper I guess. With two different colors being applied I doubt it though.
Post up some pics when your done, Look forward to seeing what a red FZ with lowers look like.

well, at least the fairings match the color of the bike...

and it really changes the whole image of the bike to something different.

Back