Powerbronze lowers finally installed!!

n.e.mich

Reaction score
Visit site
Took forever for Colorite to ship the paint, here it is.
FZ6029.jpg

FZ6030.jpg

FZ6031.jpg

FZ6032.jpg

n.e.mich

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks very nice. How much did it cost you total and how well does it function?

Total price for the lowers, paint, and labor for paint shop was around $ 450.00 alltogether. Have only taken it on a quick spin around the neighborhood so far. (I just installed them an hour ago).

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Very nice :thumbup:

Thanks! Was thinking of putting white 10" decals on each side (have them already)
Would it be too much?

When it comes to paint, I'm a minimalist, don't do the decals. However, your bike, your tastes...and if you do put them on and don't like them, you can always take them off.

n.e.mich

Reaction score
Visit site
So only a half-pint is needed to paint the whole fairing? Sweet, my 07 Yamaha Blue is $81.

I think the paint shop thinned it out a little, I have no idea how much though.
I'm a pretty good mechanic but have no clue when it comes to bodywork! ;)
I think he said he thinned it a bit though.

n.e.mich

Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice :thumbup:

When it comes to paint, I'm a minimalist, don't do the decals. However, your bike, your tastes...and if you do put them on and don't like them, you can always take them off.

I am also, I think I will leave them off for now.
I can always add them later if I want.

barijack

Reaction score
Visit site
Your lucky........1/2 pint of the paint cost $85.00!
I have read the black matches really nice as they come.

What sucks about this, the super fast red color that the '06 an '07 is painted with has to have a $81 dollar half pint of "base" AND a $81 half pint of "top" coat....kinda sucks, especially since i want to do my fairings for my '07 when they come in, the factory hugger, tcp seat cowl, and the side/seat fairings....i dont think a half pint of each will work for all that. lol

Yours looks nice though. Glad to see im not the only other "non-naked" lover around here.

n.e.mich

Reaction score
Visit site
What sucks about this, the super fast red color that the '06 an '07 is painted with has to have a $81 dollar half pint of "base" AND a $81 half pint of "top" coat....kinda sucks, especially since i want to do my fairings for my '07 when they come in, the factory hugger, tcp seat cowl, and the side/seat fairings....i dont think a half pint of each will work for all that. lol

Yours looks nice though. Glad to see im not the only other "non-naked" lover around here.

The paint shop here just used some clear they already had. They do great work, matches the factory paint job exactly. I couldn't be happier! At least until I find some turn signals I like. ;)

flhtifz

Reaction score
Visit site
Mine are on order, I LOVE the full faired look. Never did like the naked look, but LOVE the way this bike rides and handles. I put 300 miles on it today and stayed local !!!