power increase

jaybird

Reaction score
Visit site
does anyone know the actual gain in HP ? I just installed scorpion cans, cat elimination pipie and KN filter kit with fuel mapping regulator! I know stock produces around 98 HP, but do these mods have a substantial gain? I also drained and mixed water wetter to the cooling system, plus did the airbox lid mod! any input would be appreciated!:Sport:

does anyone know the actual gain in HP ? I just installed scorpion cans, cat elimination pipie and KN filter kit with fuel mapping regulator! I know stock produces around 98 HP, but do these mods have a substantial gain? I also drained and mixed water wetter to the cooling system, plus did the airbox lid mod! any input would be appreciated!:Sport:

The most I have seen from a roller run on a stock FZ6 was 92.8rwhp. With the mods that you have done it would be nice to see where you are at and how the bike is actually doing. It will also give you the data you would need to possibly make it even better.

im just looking to accelerate a little quicker...I ride with a couple 600s and a gsxr 750...no problems what so ever keeping up, on a flat stretch, my bike stock would stay with in wheels of them!, none of there bikes create any lowend to bragabout. Plus I like the throaty sound now that its a bit more free flowing! and the frontend is a lot lighter through the gears! just by feel id say anywhere from 6-8 HP gain. not huge, but definately A stronger feel...havent ridden with the crew yet since the mods....cold in upstate NY!

if you want a bit quicker acceleration the just drop a tooth on the front sprocket. it is cheap and makes a huge difference. you lose a little bit on the top speed, but do you ever really use the top speed?

im just looking to accelerate a little quicker...I ride with a couple 600s and a gsxr 750...no problems what so ever keeping up, on a flat stretch, my bike stock would stay with in wheels of them!, none of there bikes create any lowend to bragabout. Plus I like the throaty sound now that its a bit more free flowing! and the frontend is a lot lighter through the gears! just by feel id say anywhere from 6-8 HP gain. not huge, but definately A stronger feel...havent ridden with the crew yet since the mods....cold in upstate NY!

Depending on how serious you want to get you could switch to the 525 chain of the R6 with the 15/48 gearing and say by-by.........

if you want a bit quicker acceleration the just drop a tooth on the front sprocket. it is cheap and makes a huge difference. you lose a little bit on the top speed, but do you ever really use the top speed?

+1

You might want a speedo healer after this change too... :Sport:

I just installed scorpion cans, cat elimination pipie and KN filter kit with fuel mapping regulator! I know stock produces around 98 HP, but do these mods have a substantial gain?

:confused:
Wouldn't it have been more productive to ask this before you spent the money?

You're the canary in the coal mine now since you've got the modified bike. Put it on a dyno and see what it'll do and report back. I for one am interested to see if there are any power gains.

Fred

Since installing Scorpions and a Power Commander III, I can definitely feel more torque at the low to mid-rpm range. Whether or not it's developing any more HP worth talking about at the top end, I don't know (don't care, really)....I may spring for a Dyno tune-up just to see if it can be "fine-tuned" and get it on paper what HP and Torque my engine is producing.
I wasn't looking for more power, just a bit more of a healthy sound to the exhaust.
I certainly got that. :D

Since installing Scorpions and a Power Commander III, I can definitely feel more torque at the low to mid-rpm range. Whether or not it's developing any more HP worth talking about at the top end, I don't know (don't care, really)....I may spring for a Dyno tune-up just to see if it can be "fine-tuned" and get it on paper what HP and Torque my engine is producing.
I wasn't looking for more power, just a bit more of a healthy sound to the exhaust.
I certainly got that. :D

No doubt the differences are observable. The nice thing about the roller run is knowing where you are at and where you may need to go relative to the optimum output. With the PCIII you can adjust the run profile to meet the necessary requirements for that maximum output. At present you have all the pieces to your puzzle. Now you need the roller run to make those pieces fit together in a refined package.

Right on, HavBlue! :thumbup:
I'm sure that the full potential of my bike's mods have yet to be realized.
I'm getting a bit lazy in my old age, as most of the occasional backfiring is probably due to the exhaust leak from the cat to the Scorpion "Y" pipe. I'll re&re it next weekend and seal the pipe properly.
Went for another couple of hours' ride again today, but that'll be it until thursday or friday, when the weather improves again. I should be ready for a fill by next weekend, so I'll be able to do a quick fuel consumption calculation for you (liters per 100 km's converted to MPG). If it rival's my neighbour's Cadillac Escalade, I guess you'll have the last laugh after all...:D

If it helps at all, I Dyno'ed my bike last summer with a rear wheel output of 89 HP. Bone stock with 3000 miles or so. I still have the graph somewhere. I'll have to find it and scan it in so I can post it up here someday.:thumbup:

I typically run around with liter bikes and have no problem keeping up in the turns. On the straights it is no contest though. My buddy's ZX10 was dyno'ed at 168 HP at the rear wheel. But neither is his bike anywhere near stock.

MCN did a write up last year on the 07 and rated the hp at 85.6 and 42 Lb of torque. They do their own #'s which seem to be more real world correct and not the smoke and mirrors the Mfg. like to use.

Back