Power after 8k RPM?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I got to enjoy blowing away a hemi charger (Black Daytona) last night on the way home from the GF's house.

He got on it hard from a red light, I then got on it, between the Scorps and 12,000 RPM he was toast and backed off before I got out of first.... :)....

Put some after market pipes on it and then have some fun....

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got to enjoy blowing away a hemi charger (Black Daytona) last night on the way home from the GF's house.

He got on it hard from a red light, I then got on it, between the Scorps and 12,000 RPM he was toast and backed off before I got out of first.... :)....

Put some after market pipes on it and then have some fun....

It cracks me up every time a car driver thinks he has a chance against a bike. Of course I never ever drag-race
65.gif

kharrel

Reaction score
Visit site
I love your cruising speed. 7k is about 75 to 80 MPH. Around here that means one eye pasted to the mirror looking for cops or Radar detector running full speed :) Besides some road rage cager will run me down for passing them to fast.

Kelly

TampaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I like to cruise the interstate in the left lane about 85-90. Amazing how fast cars go on the interstate in Florida. As far as going about 8k on the street I can't seem to do it yet. I need to get to the track where I don't have to worry about speeding tickets, etc.

I've paid enough fines and increased insurance, I'll just take it to the track.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
It cracks me up every time a car driver thinks he has a chance against a bike. Of course I never ever drag-race
65.gif

I couldn't resist (and I do know better) but he just had the "attitude".. I sat there, just idling, waited for the light and see what he was going to do.

He started it...

We all know better but we've all done it one or twice.

Some kid in a new, red mustang GT was screwing with me at a red light, revving his engine, turning left onto the highway. After we got through the intersection he got on it while yelling something out his open window...passed him like he was standing still shifting into second gear and by the top of 3rd gear he was a spec in my mirror. Came back down to cruising speed (65mph) and he never caught back up. :spank:

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
Its like all things- if you dont wanr to go fast or accellerate quickly- moderate the right wrist until you are happy with the handling and the power.

Keep riding a favourite road- get confidence in the surface and where the bends go and the traffic and slowly increase the pace each time you do the route changing the revs in gears stay in low gears and get used to the accelleration or cruise in high gears and low torque

Its only a 600- having said that 90bhp is the same as my Peugeot 207 diesel

Its a pussy or a scratcher depending upon the right wrist

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
I like to cruise the interstate in the left lane about 85-90. Amazing how fast cars go on the interstate in Florida.

No kidding. I was going just slightly faster than the flow of traffic yesterday, feeling great about my speed, slipped a peek and saw 100. Seriously, I was going slower than the idiots in the sports cars.

A motorcycle cop gave me the speed up signal when I was doing 75 in a 65 at one point, and when I blew by a cop staked out with his radar gun at 90+ he just waved. Florida is nuts. Although it's funny to see everyone else slam on their brakes just cause the bike doing 90 suddenly slows to 65. Even if they're in the slow lane. :thumbup:

But after 8k I have to start thinking about shifting almost right away. The bike screams until redline and then gets real pissy. Never had the front come up under WOT, but my forward lean is directly related to my throttle position. Ingrained in me since the sportbike rider course.

Silver05

Reaction score
Visit site
These "little" engines are great. I've had 2 liter+ bikes, and yeah, they are faster - no doubt about it. But this Yamaha 600 is a blast, and around 10 or 11 thousand the thing is absolutely rippin. Fun times.

And yeah - i had to drag race once when the other guy started it, too... or was it twice...

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
First real ride on the FZ tonight only 25 miles tho! :/ I did a couple launches and shifted at 11k, crappollla it's comin on strong then! It's so worth it to hear it sing like that!!!

Yes, i was all grin's after that! Now to master the corners and gain confidence when the surface isn't favorable. . . .
8 is good, 11 is the WOW factor! ;)

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
First real ride on the FZ tonight only 25 miles tho! :/ I did a couple launches and shifted at 11k, crappollla it's comin on strong then! It's so worth it to hear it sing like that!!!

Yes, i was all grin's after that! Now to master the corners and gain confidence when the surface isn't favorable. . . .
8 is good, 11 is the WOW factor! ;)

I think I failed to mention the nose was coming up on the second launch and I had to lift a tad. . .

Be careful when it comes on! :eek:

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I quote my dad.

"Son, you bought 2 bikes. One, is a nice tame little thing. The other, tries to rip your face off and implant your eyes in the back of your head."

Silver05

Reaction score
Visit site
I quote my dad.

"Son, you bought 2 bikes. One, is a nice tame little thing. The other, tries to rip your face off and implant your eyes in the back of your head."

Growing up my dad didn't like motorcycles. But he figured I was gonna ride them, so he just had a bunch of funny sayings like that. Good stuff...

HappyTrails

Reaction score
Visit site
I still remember the first time I went over 8K rpm's. I thought I was on another bike. All I can compare it to is a 2 stroke dirt bike that hits powerband. It is now like a drug to go over 8K rpm.

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Growing up my dad didn't like motorcycles. But he figured I was gonna ride them, so he just had a bunch of funny sayings like that. Good stuff...

I got pretty lucky I guess, my dad has ridden them for a loooong time. He was the one that got me on my first bike when I was 13. Now, my entire family rides.