Post your FZ6N Pics!

p3tarda

Reaction score
Visit site
dudeee... i'm falling in love with your bike... i just bought a 2006 FZ6N with a very good mileage and now i'm trying to find out how you didthat sick headlight... you think you can help me with that?

Thanks

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
couple of pics of my bike on the track

excuse the watermark, i'm still waiting for the originals

should really have given my bike a wash and polish beforehand too, my downpipes look filthy!

toastinator

ToAsTinator
Reaction score
Visit site
Heres some new pictures after some more work :D

1010304.jpg

1010307h.jpg

1010306t.jpg

1010305.jpg

fordfanmatt

Reaction score
Visit site
dudeee... i'm falling in love with your bike... i just bought a 2006 FZ6N with a very good mileage and now i'm trying to find out how you didthat sick headlight... you think you can help me with that?

Thanks

Whose bike are you eyeing up?

Grim Chemical

MasterDebater
Reaction score
Visit site
FINALLY! I don't know what got into me, but I couldn't stand the gigantic "old man scared of wind" windscreen and the tacky quarter fairing any longer. I wanted something reminiscent of a cafe style with balls. I haven't seen very many FZ's out there naked with the single round headlight. I did read somewhere that someone thought it was "average". I gotta thank DefyInertia for the idea, I know I'm missing some mirrors but my bar ends are in the mail. This is the AZTEC8 7" round single headlight conversion. I had to scare my guage cluster into submission but I really like the offset stance it has, it flows for me. I'll be going out this weekend to get some real pics...I got so excited about the conversion that I just put my bike out by the street so everyone could see. Ahhhh fresh air.

Grim Chemical

MasterDebater
Reaction score
Visit site
I have an 07 and have been looking into this head light setup. I was wondering how you mounted the speedo?

Right now, I cheated, I installed two of the screws on the speedo with washers toward the bottom side, and then I used "zip ties" to mount the speedo to the little bar where the brake lines run through (rectangle). Although I will be fabricating a metal bracket, I wanted to test the position of the speedo first and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! Anyway, I can post up some how to's if you need it. If you're not talking to me in that post...I'll shut up now.

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Right now, I cheated, I installed two of the screws on the speedo with washers toward the bottom side, and then I used "zip ties" to mount the speedo to the little bar where the brake lines run through (rectangle). Although I will be fabricating a metal bracket, I wanted to test the position of the speedo first and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! Anyway, I can post up some how to's if you need it. If you're not talking to me in that post...I'll shut up now.

Did you modify the wiring of the speedo?
Naked mod requires extra wiring for speedo i guess.

Grim Chemical

MasterDebater
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you modify the wiring of the speedo?
Naked mod requires extra wiring for speedo i guess.

Not at all actually, only the light wires (4) require modification! Just cut off the stock headlight connectors and splice or solder them to the appropriate wires on the included light connector for the new light! The guage cluster wires don't change at all and even the brights indicator works properly.The setup is outstanding, the whole front end feels lighter and riding is just motte fun, not to mention the look...sexy my friend, just sexy.Tty

samlynn37

Reaction score
Visit site
Not at all actually, only the light wires (4) require modification! Just cut off the stock headlight connectors and splice or solder them to the appropriate wires on the included light connector for the new light! The guage cluster wires don't change at all and even the brights indicator works properly.The setup is outstanding, the whole front end feels lighter and riding is just motte fun, not to mention the look...sexy my friend, just sexy.Tty

very nice bike :thumbup: all i have to say about the wiring is "painful".. trying to make everything nice and tidy, and working.. i did my bike last year, and it really took me a while, but time well spent!! like u said, sexy~ my pictures are in the previous page. please ask away :Flash:
made my own speedo mount out of a piece of scrap aluminum :)

Kanten

Reaction score
Visit site
2338532526_28da848470_b.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Where'd you get that great looking bellypan?
Love the bike by the way!
I'm doing everything I can to get the bike as black as possible :rockon:

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
That xenon kit you have Bram, is it plug and play? If so, what make is it?

It's a pilot pro line mono kit (single beam) with a colour temperature of 6000°K
Pilotxenon - Xenon HID Kits

It comes with all cables, a ballast and 1 xenon light including fitting.
I put the ballast on top of my battery. It was a bit of a hassle to get all the cables and connections fitted, because it's a naked bike.

Kanten

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice ;-) Affordable price as well.
Did you have to modify the reflector in anyway or is it H4?
I'm going for an all black bike and would LOVE to paint the reflector. From the look of the bulb in the picture you sent me it looks like it uses the OEM reflector?

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Nice ;-) Affordable price as well.
Did you have to modify the reflector in anyway or is it H4?
I'm going for an all black bike and would LOVE to paint the reflector. From the look of the bulb in the picture you sent me it looks like it uses the OEM reflector?

I did not modify the reflector in any way. If you search the forum, you can find really good topics on how to install a H.I.D. reflector and aiming it.
But I aimed my OEM reflector a little bit more to the ground, and it seems not to bother anyone (including LEO's)
:thumbup:

ClutchUp06

Not a 600...Not intersted
Reaction score
Visit site
Latest shots of mine:

2009 Yamaha FZ6 S2.

Mods so far:
Scorpion Cans
Yam Bellypan
Yam Flyscreen
Smoked Indicator Lenses + Yellow Bulbs
Smoked LED Rear Light
R&G Tail Tidy
Small Plate
Trojan Mirrors

img3981c.jpg

img3990c.jpg

-Bacon,
did you just rotate the cans so there not the traditional sideways look.?? if you know what i mean

lazerfazer

Reaction score
Visit site
where would i find one of those seat cowls? pref. red and it looks really common with the streetfighters