Post your FZ6N Pics!

Squiz

Reaction score
Visit site
Ah, looks like a reflective pin-stripping sticker. It's a nice accent, but if you can't get it straight...it's not worth doing.

I had previously done this on my old R6 and it looked great!!!:thumbup:

rdelgiorno25

Reaction score
Visit site
picture.php

RyanMR2

Reaction score
Visit site

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i really like the looks of the naked's.. but i really like mine with a windscreen... at some point i would love to pick up a used fz6 and do a naked conversion.. then i could have the best of both worlds...

Anesi

Reaction score
Visit site
My 06 with dev_usc's VS2 headlight kit. Kit installed very nicely. Great product!
Basically done, just still contemplating painting the tank a gloss black to match everything else. What do yall think? Keep the blue or go black?

DSC_0143.jpg

Fantastic looking bike :thumbup: Really like the headlight and the little flyscreen. I wonder how much it helps compared to no flyscreen?

As for your question. Would be an awesome ninja-black fighter with a black tank (love black bikes) - but then you gotta get black rearsets and levers I think. To go all out black.

Another option is to keep the nice (allthough not as cool as black:BLAA:) blue tank and paint your front fender(?), hugger and parts blue as well. Maybe even go a couple of shades darker to get that really deep dark blue (if your budget allows it of course). That would look awesome. And maybe even stick in an matched belly-pan? - now that I am already spending your money :rolleyes:

Anyway, just a couple of ideas :)

/Anesi

RyanMR2

Reaction score
Visit site
i really like the looks of the naked's.. but i really like mine with a windscreen... at some point i would love to pick up a used fz6 and do a naked conversion.. then i could have the best of both worlds...

I am 6'4" and even with a puig double bubble on it my head was still buffeting like crazy. I am much more comfortable now without a large screen. The small little screen on it keeps a decent amount of air off my body for me to be comfortable but my head stays in the nice clean air.

Fantastic looking bike :thumbup: Really like the headlight and the little flyscreen. I wonder how much it helps compared to no flyscreen?

As for your question. Would be an awesome ninja-black fighter with a black tank (love black bikes) - but then you gotta get black rearsets and levers I think. To go all out black.

Another option is to keep the nice (allthough not as cool as black:BLAA:) blue tank and paint your front fender(?), hugger and parts blue as well. Maybe even go a couple of shades darker to get that really deep dark blue (if your budget allows it of course). That would look awesome. And maybe even stick in an matched belly-pan? - now that I am already spending your money :rolleyes:

Anyway, just a couple of ideas :)

/Anesi

Thanks Anesi :D I didn't put the little screen on it until after a couple weeks of riding. I could only tell a slight difference in the amount of air that hit my body but enough to like it on there.

I kind of like your darker blue idea, I'll keep that in mind.

I already planned to get a belly pan (they are $$ haha), I love how they compliment the naked look and bring the bike lower.

If I go black I'm going to keep the gold levers. I like a black and gold theme, especially since the stock pipes have a gold tint to them.

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
Pics after a much needed wash
fz6n002.jpg

fz6n001.jpg

fz6n004.jpg

fz6n003.jpg

Any one know what kind of mod I would need to do to remove the little fly screen and replace it with the speedo cover instead?

dstaffx

Reaction score
Visit site
My 06 with dev_usc's VS2 headlight kit. Kit installed very nicely. Great product!
Basically done, just still contemplating painting the tank a gloss black to match everything else. What do yall think? Keep the blue or go black?

DSC_0143.jpg

DSC_0152.jpg

DSC_0153.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

Mods:
Driven 3 grips
Ebay levers
FZ1 bar
RideIt CNC mirrors CNC Billet Mirror HSJ-002 - Sport bike Racing Parts-Performance Sportbike Custom Levers,Rear sets,Sport bike Accessories

I think you should go black for the tank and anything else that isn't already

You should start a new post and make it a poll asking the question.

:thumbup:

galen

Reaction score
Visit site
The windscreen bracket bolts to the headlight stay.Simple to remove, I have the VS02 kit and was thinking about doing the same but i have a 06(round speedo) cover for a 09 is $9.00+. With a littel grinding watsen signals will work.

RyanMR2

Reaction score
Visit site
I wanted to do the speedo cover too, but since it's an 06 the only covers I could find are over $60. The fly screen will work for now haha.

galen

Reaction score
Visit site
I wanted to do the speedo cover too, but since it's an 06 the only covers I could find are over $60. The fly screen will work for now haha.

Have you found any covers in the US?
Is the triple-clamp painted or powdercoat? it looks sick.

Last edited:

RyanMR2

Reaction score
Visit site
Have you found any covers in the US?
Is the triple-clamp painted or powdercoat? it looks sick.

No, the cover I did find was over seas and shipping was close to $40, ridiculous.

Thanks man, it's painted. It was painted before I bought it. I thought it was stock until it's slowly started to chip. I'm going to have to powdercoat it soon before it gets too bad.

I really like you rear wheel fairing. I was contemplating taking mine completely off but was worried about the chain grease slinging everywhere. I really like how you've cut it down, I'm going to try to model mine after yours.

Last edited:

galen

Reaction score
Visit site
DuPont teflon chain saver works pretty good and doesnt sling off to bad.
I cut a small section off first and then used stock curve as a templet. I also saved the left over plastic to make a plug/plate to cover the spot where the fairing mount was bolted