police lay charges following video

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
Whoops! Kinda like the car full of kids nailing people with paint ball guns. They got arrested after one of the kids' parents found the video they made while doing it and turned them in. Can't argue with video footage!

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I imagine a good lawyer could get the charges dropped because technically you never see who is riding the bike. I say this because about 5 years ago my lawyer got my fleeing and eluding dropped because "technically" the cop never signaled me to pull over

Not saying its right to do that stuff but this is taking things too far IMHO. Worry about Internet predators and scamers not youtubeers.

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like this 25yr rider is a piece of work....did you hear how many previous driving related charges he's had! It`s no wonder the bike is registered in his Mom`s name. She`s got a $1500 fine for no insurance .....and the bike`s been impounded. Good luck paying the tab after the impound time is up. Looks like you guys in Saanich area might be able to get your hands on a newer R1 at the next govt auction.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm done watching the video and I'm still puckered up good and tight.

+1! That guy has a death wish, so many close calls just in that short video. You can't dodge cars like they are cones when you are going 150 mph very long like that before you end up as road pizza.

JimStl

Reaction score
Visit site
Guys who drive like this fail to recognize that other people are out on the roads to get from point A to point B. They are out there with their families, their kids. To put everyone else at risk just for ones personal rush is a really lousy thing to do. I kind of hope the police make an example of this guy.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
It is 100 times safer and much cheaper than 1 reckless endangerment felony charge to go to a real track if you want to ride like this.

D

Dave.TX

It's a good way for him to die, only a matter of time. "Here's your sign." Problem is he'll be taking out another vehicle or two when it does happen.

His mom should come forward and turn him in otherwise she's supporting his behavior. I like that $1500 fine she has to pay and that they've seized the bike.

Sounds like there's key witnesses that police have had come forward. Bet that idiot has confessed to several people about his antics and his video and they'll attest to it. He doesn't need to confess to authorities about it, sounds like he's already done that to others that have come forward.

On another note, watched a TV show last night on MV Agusta's F4 liter bike, it can go 189mph stock (that equates to 304kph). Holy fricken cow! It's a beautiful piece of machinery. I'm sure this R1 has the standard speedo error that Japanese bikes have so in reality it was prolly quite a bit less than the 299kph indicated but still plenty fast. Motorcyclist tested a 2010 R1 and claimed a top speed of 165mph (266kph). So yeah, there's some speedo error.

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
I can barely form a response to this without saying unladylike things.

I hope that when this guy finally kills himself with his idiocy, he doesn't kill anyone else.