PodLight Indicators

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Finally did my podlight indicators on the weekend ,been wanting to do this for a while but never had time.Easy to do and looks great IMHO.All I had to do was splice the 2 wires from the pods into the indicator wires,no running lights in the indicator to worry about.I left the factory plugs on the pods so I can go back easily if I want to.Here is a video of the end result........please no comments on my messy garage thanks :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCPGNS8pci4"]YouTube - FZ6 Pod Light Indicators[/ame]

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great:thumbup:. I hooked mine up the same way. What kind of bulb are you using? I had LED's in, but I found that the standard bulb gave me a wider beam of light.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great:thumbup:. I hooked mine up the same way. What kind of bulb are you using? I had LED's in, but I found that the standard bulb gave me a wider beam of light.

Just the standard bulbs mate,I had LED's in when they were just park lights but they were always going out.

looks good, very visible where have you all gotten the bulb sockets from?

They come standard in Oz mate. :thumbup:
But I think you can fit the pods out of the R1.

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
looks good, very visible where have you all gotten the bulb sockets from?

I got mine from the local Yamaha Dealership. They are from an 03 R1 if I am not mistaken. If they do not have them in stock, they will order them for you. It only takes 4 or 5 days to get them in. I also found shipping to be cheaper from my dealership than ordering them online.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
2 x ’03 Yamaha R1 Pod Light Sockets
Motorcycle Parts, Motorcycle Accessories by BikeBandit.com part #1486440-001
Yamaha Part # 5PW-84312-00-00

Here is a little "Pod Light Installation Manual" I made up with text and photos from an SBN member if anyone needs a how-to on doing the Pod Light mod. Ig nore the stuff about removing your whole front fairing and windscreen - ther is no need to do that. Only need to remove both inner front farings and you are off to the races!

PDF: http://members.shaw.ca/fazed/pdfs/FZ6 POD Light Mod.pdf

Smittyboy

Reaction score
Visit site
That looks so good!!! How invasive is it to do? I don't have a good word doc on my comp so I can't look at your pdf... any suggestions? Anyway, that looks so rockin!!!

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
That looks so good!!! How invasive is it to do? I don't have a good word doc on my comp so I can't look at your pdf... any suggestions? Anyway, that looks so rockin!!!

(2) 9/16" dia holes, and your choice of wiring diagrams. I used split connectors, shrink tube, and electrical tape, because I am not good with soldering.

Like Boneman said just remove the inner portion of your fairing and get to it.

This is just one of the many installations on the net. It should give you an idea.
VWSandman's POD LED's

Smittyboy

Reaction score
Visit site
That's not bad at all, but I think I'll wait on that one for a little while... Awesome looking mod though... Anybody SE WI that could do this? I'll throw in dinner at Outback or a case of beer... Don't trust myself to do it...

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
anybody know if those pods from the 03 R1 will work in an 07 fairing? I think there were some changes between 05 and 07. If they will work for 20-30$ thats a fantastic mod.

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
made the purchase, now waiting for the goods! Looks like I am in for new light ing option :)

New headlight bulbs and new pod lights, and an accessory outlet to boot. Cheap and fun electrical mods.

bottomedout39

Reaction score
Visit site
I have my pods working as running lights but I still don't get how to make them into INDICATOR BLINKERS without relays. I have all the links but I would really like a link to a SIMPLE WIRING DIAGRAM. Any help?