Pod Lights: Make them just running lights or signals too?

What type of POD lights?

• Amber running lights

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Amber running lights that function as signals too

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Amber!!?? Afraid of a ticket?

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
I have ordered the stuff to do the Pod Light Mod and am planning on getting amber LEDs but I can't decide if I should wire them to just be running lights or signals as well.

What are your guys thoughts?

chokeslam512

Dental Floss Tycoon
Reaction score
Visit site
You can never give cagers too much information as to your whereabouts or when and where you are turning... safety first!!!!!

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My eventual plan is to make them running lights that turn off when the turn signals are activated so the light goes back and forth to attract more attention.

Jim Karam

Trying to Keep Up
Reaction score
www.karam.com
It's trivial to make the pod lights blink. You just connect the plus connection to the wire driving the running lights and the minus connection to the wire driving the turn signal. That is, there is no connection to ground.

necrotimus

Reaction score
Visit site
It's trivial to make the pod lights blink. You just connect the plus connection to the wire driving the running lights and the minus connection to the wire driving the turn signal. That is, there is no connection to ground.

I meant was there a post on how to make them alternate (for example a left turn) so as to have the left signal blink then the left pod light then the left signal....

Last edited:

necrotimus

Reaction score
Visit site
excuse me, but what is a pod light? (picture please? :))

Riders on this forum have installed them as well but I found this site had some very nice pictures for install purposes:

VWSandman's POD LED's
(read the entire thing and the linked references as his install has excesses that you don't really need)

Last edited:

Jim Karam

Trying to Keep Up
Reaction score
www.karam.com
That is exactly what happens when you wire them as I suggested. When the left signal "blinks", that wire will be at the same voltage level as the running lights, so that the pod light quits burning... until the blink is over.

For the record, I've been running blue pod lights wired this way for about three years and haven't been stopped yet.

I meant was there a post on how to make them alternate (for example a left turn) so as to have the left signal blink then the left pod light then the left signal....

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
excuse me, but what is a pod light? (picture please? :))

Here ya go. I left my pod lights as simple running lights, leaving the flashing to my Watsen LED flushies.

PodLights.jpg

Distephano

Reaction score
Visit site
I wired mine as signals that flash with my normal signals. I did this because I felt that my flush mounts were not visible enough front, so this way I'm covered from the front and sides.

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site

Please clarify..
New light + goes to the running light +
and the new - goes to the turn signal + ?

Ive done this in my Infiniti but only knew what colors to wire into, not the polarities :)