pod light install problem

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
ok well I ordered a pod light kit on ebay and tried to get it installed today. I dremeled out the hole and when I checked the fit I got the led caught and it came out of the socket and fell down inside the headlight housing. So basically how screwd am I and how hard is it going to be to get it out of there. The yellowish green thing is the led bulb.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Chew up some gum, then put it on the end of a piece of metal coathanger bent to go inside the headlamp unit. Get the gum to stick to the bulb and then pull it up and out.

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
the led bulb is bigger than the gap between the lens and the reflector so if the gum trick dont work I guess I'll be heating up the oven tomarrow. One of the simplest mods ever just turned into one of the most difficult.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
A small, strong magnet on a decent nylon thread or string. It should stick to the LED leads.....

Sorry about the tape and like Krid80 said pull the headlamp out for better access.
Take your time now and do a good job! Hahaha!:Flip:

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
A small, strong magnet on a decent nylon thread or string. It should stick to the LED leads.....

Sorry about the tape and like Krid80 said pull the headlamp out for better access.
Take your time now and do a good job! Hahaha!:Flip:

Probably zero iron in the LED leads...... copper and aluminum won't stick to a magnet. Neither does lead. :rolleyes:

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
I ended up taking the whole front fairing off and just dumped it out the way it went in. while I had it off I finished the install. Thanks boneman for taking pictures and posting them when you installed your projectors, made things alittle easier on me. It wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be.