Pilot Power Tires

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I finally ordered a much needed new rear Pilot Power. Anybody have experience with these tires on their FZ6? Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick

Howattzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I finally ordered a much needed new rear Pilot Power. Anybody have experience with these tires on their FZ6? Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick

I just (700 km's ago, 400 miles) installed the Pilot Power 2CT's. They are awesome! Very good grip in wet and dry conditions, and very confidence inspiring in the corners.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Pilot Roads, not the Powers, and have been excedingly happy with them. Good grip, easy to get leaned over, and awesome tread life.:thumbup:

J

jsteinb95

sportrider_fz6 is on his 3rd set of pilot powers and he "swears by them" :thumbup:

fudge_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I love the powers and will never buy anything else. I get around 7-8000km out of a rear tire and 16000 out of a front. That is mostly 2 up riding.

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I've used them multiple times, they are one of the finest motorcycle tires you can buy, and they can be purchased for as low as $260/set. The only downside is the limited mileage that you can expect to get out of them before they need replacement.

Yamahahauler

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the pilot road tire and they are performing well as long as you get em warmed up a little before you get to serious, the wear seems to be good so far. Thinking about the pilot 2's next time though, anyone tried these out yet.:rockon:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I've used them multiple times, they are one of the finest motorcycle tires you can buy, and they can be purchased for as low as $260/set. The only downside is the limited mileage that you can expect to get out of them before they need replacement.

www.sportbiketrackgear.com should have them for $235 shipped (pilot power)

the set I have now is worn pretty close to the wear bars on the sides but has seen mostly track use with ~1000 miles of street use. since the middle has so much meat left on it, I expect to get another 4,000 to 6,000 street miles out of the set. I'm light and don't push it too hard on the street so I get a lot of mileage so long as I'm not riding 2up. Some people report 3000 miles per set, some rare examples have lasted 5 figures for other people.

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all of the input guys. I'm pretty pumped to be getting this tire now.

Thanks,
Nick

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
I just wanted to let everybody know that the Michelin Pilot Power 2CT tires are awesome!

-Nick-

HowlFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Replaced original Bridgestones (8500mi) with Pilot Powers last month. Haven't looked back. Just wish I had more curvy roads to slice through on my route to work.

It's definitely a confidence inspiring tire, especially in the twisties.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Yup, I bought my Pilot Powers from the Yamaha dealership for $278, included install. But they screwed up, I paid for the regular Pilot Powers and noticed that they put on the 2CT's on the rear. The front was the regular PP's.

thulst

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last week I changed the Dunlop roadsmarts after an awesome 15000 km :thumbup: with the pilot power 2ct. All right, just one week and only 1000 km but man are those tires good. We've had quite a lot of rain over here in Holland and that's exactly what they are made for rain and power.

And I am with HowlFZ6, there are never enough curves when driving on an FZ6 with pilot powers. :rockon: