Pillion-mounted Trunk

clunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
Visit site
After seeing the thread with the cheap Sears trunk cases and then FZ1inNH's thread about pillion mounting, I decided to give it a shot and see what I could come up with.

I took the back part of the cover off of the seat and put one 5"x7" piece of wood underneath the cover (cut out seat foam so that it rested on the seat pan), then put an identical piece (but painted black) on top of the cover. Drilled four holes down through the blocks and seat (two lining up with the rubber bumpers that flank the seat latch) and mounted the trunk plate using bolts through the plate/blocks/seat pan. I used a Dremel to cut a larger hole in the bumpers so that they fit over the mounting bolt. While there is a little bit of play in the setup, overall it is quite stable.

The only disappointment was that the Medium (the one I used) and Large cases have a different mounting plate. I think the Medium looks the best and works for everyday use, but I wanted to be able to switch to the Large when extra space was needed.

Last edited: