DIY: Rear Side-Lights for GIVI v35 Lateral Cases

hiniaky

Reaction score
Visit site
Have a good day guys!

I had already said that I was into making a draft of intermittent extension for my '04 FZ6_S which had mounted v35 GIVI luggage (with its well-known problem of rear side-lights)

Well, I set to work and after thinking, measure, see, do and test cardboard models arrived at the design seemed most optimal for my course! )

This:
soporteintermitentesfz6.jpg

planom.jpg

... and once made is such that:
dsc09447s.jpg

The reason for the pieces "ring" is that the gap side-light supports is 5 mm thick and I didn't want to use 5 mm plate (too big!) but 2 mm, thus reinforcing the position and no intermittent movement when mounted on the workpiece.

Step 1:
Obviously, remove the old flashing and cut their corresponding cables and then make the joint extension. I cut it in the area closest to conextores found in the "handle" side with the seat.

Step 2:
Using a paper template, locate the attachment points.
dsc09446tc.jpg

Well be such that points 1 and 3 (enough for me)
dsc09445k.jpg

I have withdrawn the ID Sheet to work better and because later we do a hole ...

Step 3:
We mark on the metal mounting points and proceed to drill. I used bolts M6 in my tool box with locking nuts.
dsc09448.jpg

dsc09449.jpg

Step 4:
As if the drill has gone a bit, position the piece again and check / mark the drill to make the plastic part of the bike.
dsc09451d.jpg

Ready then to make the hole:
dsc09452zl.jpg

Step 5:
We turn now to mount the flash on the piece that we have made, taking into account the order of the pieces: the piece "big" goes between the flash and the annulus, in the right or left, they are different.
dsc09453r.jpg

Okay, let's see where we pass the cables ...

Step 6:
I made the extension of the cables, about 200 mm or much. In my case I used soldering and heat shrink shrinkable so the cable cross-section will not increase too much as I use the same tray as the original cable, which is quite thin.
If you use fastons or similar, I think you have to find an alternative cable entry.

V'ssssssssss and hugs!

hiniaky

Reaction score
Visit site
Part 2: DIY: Rear Side-Lights for GIVI v35 Lateral Cases

Step 7:
Drill the ID-sheet support such as:
dsc09455o.jpg

Fix the cables with a flange at the rear and to derive the "hole" passing the original cable (I'm going to keep all the wiring harness as it came from the factory, no other site).
dsc09456.jpg

Step 8:
Once we have moved the wires to the grip left, proceed to make new connections
dsc09457cw.jpg

(JACK GRAY: Intermittent left, JACK BLACK: intermittent right), connected and ready!
dsc09458v.jpg

We put all the tuition, the left grip, and assemble the supports of the bags (this is a thing of the instructions of GIVI, did not offer to ná ná )

I think they're quite pretty... al least for me!! :)
animb.gif

We clean the garage or the area where we have made the "BRICO", we started the bike and we will take a little terrace birrilla somewhere, now that it's summer!
cebeza.jpg

V'ssssssssssss

Last edited:

amanlisman

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm confronted with exactly the same problem. Bought the plx351 second-hand without the mounts for the indicators. I've got to make something, and your solution looks super!
So if you read this, many thanks! I've still got to convince some friends to do the work for me though. They work with metal so should be able to make the parts for me.

firecat

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Part 2: DIY: Rear Side-Lights for GIVI v35 Lateral Cases

Hi,

Greetings from sunny surrey in the UK!

Great modification, thanks for sharing it with us!

Can you forward a copy of your drawing to me please? I would like to do the same mod on my bike.

Thank you in advance trev