Photography Thread !!!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We had our annual Lights On The Hill Convoy over the weekend, to raise money for the families of truck drivers who have lost their lives whilst doing their job across this great country :thumbup:

I have lost a few mates over the years & I take my hat off to you Cobbers....

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nikon is taunting me. :eyebrow:

I've always wished Nikon made a simple, manual-control-only camera just like my much-used FM-2 film camera, but with a digital back. I learned to shoot manually, and all the gew-gaws on modern cameras leave me making more mistakes than anything. :tard:

Well, started leafing thru the new Crutchfield catalog and got pretty excited seeing the new Df:

Nikon-Df-kit-silver.jpg

Nikon-Df-top.jpg

Nikon Df (no lens included) (Black) Retro-styled full-frame DSLR with optional Wi-Fi® at Crutchfield.com

Its not modeled after the FM-2, but rather the earlier F series pro cameras (I still have my F-4s). Unfortunately the rear view shows its still got too much tech on it, not to mention its almost 10x the cost of my old FM-2. But, its getting closer... :cheer:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 24810

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHNm54U1nQ4]Nikon Df Hands-on Review - YouTube[/ame]

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nikon is taunting me. :eyebrow:

I've always wished Nikon made a simple, manual-control-only camera just like my much-used FM-2 film camera, but with a digital back. I learned to shoot manually, and all the gew-gaws on modern cameras leave me making more mistakes than anything. :tard:

Well, started leafing thru the new Crutchfield catalog and got pretty excited seeing the new Df:

Nikon-Df-kit-silver.jpg

Nikon-Df-top.jpg

Nikon Df (no lens included) (Black) Retro-styled full-frame DSLR with optional Wi-Fi® at Crutchfield.com

Its not modeled after the FM-2, but rather the earlier F series pro cameras (I still have my F-4s). Unfortunately the rear view shows its still got too much tech on it, not to mention its almost 10x the cost of my old FM-2. But, its getting closer... :cheer:

I was talking to my son last night (works at what is probably Australia's leading camera house) & mentioned this post , his advice...... Sadly, don't bother :( :( Fell waaaaaay below expectation & they are not selling well :thumbup:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I saw this and thought of you [MENTION=21015]darius[/MENTION] with all the Zoomy pictures you take with high res! But is this too close? :D:D

attachment.php

Of course I did not take that....

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
I saw this and thought of you [MENTION=21015]darius[/MENTION] with all the Zoomy pictures you take with high res! But is this too close? :D:D

Of course I did not take that....

Yeah my setup might have trouble focusing that close!

When camping at feeders I've hit the minimum focus limit of my lens which is about 5 feet.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
_DSC0034-2.jpg

Not a good picture at all, but a nice encounter. :cheer: Once I pick the apples I'll use off my two trees, I leave the rest of them on the tree to fall, or not; the birds really seem to enjoy them, especially towards the end of winter.
Well, it looks like Bambi's older brother likes them too, especially since they're now starting to ferment (there are several species who've developed a taste for alcoholic fruit!)
Was only standing about 8 feet away, shooting through my sliding glass door into my patio and through my patio window (hence the poor quality). My next-door-neighbor's police dog started going nuts, so he left.

The End:

_DSC0040-1.jpg

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks. Amazing, the deer walked up to the fence, nervously glancing to the left (where the dog was), sniffed the fence, and simply leapt over it, didn't take a running start at all.
Beautiful animals! :thumbup: