Photography Thread !!!

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
I was working the other day when it started raining so I left my laptop, grabbed my camera and decided to try and make a cool shot using just available light and an everyday object in my backyard. As you can tell, the object that I used was a wine glass. For the first try I filled the glass with apple juice and took a photo. Then I placed the glass somewhere else and left it in the rain and took another photo. Then added some coke and ice to the juice+water, changed position and shot again. And then once the ice melted in a couple of hours, the sun was setting and the glass was full, I shot the final look :) Hope you guys enjoy - I sure as hell did enjoy taking these!

img7205z.jpg

img7006mr.jpg

img7155d.jpg

img7374cropped2.jpg

O and that's a shot of my little assistant.

img7182f.jpg

:rockon:

acniss

Reaction score
Visit site
here are some pics i took in the last couple weeks with my camera and phone.

the one is out my door one night, and the rest are at an overlook and the Parkway this weekend.

D

Dave.TX

i have been taking pictures for quite some time now although i cannot really call myself a photographer because i am not sure if i have the right skills for being one although i have showcased some of my pictures in different fairs and i do join some small contests and i occasionally win but i never got myself a proper camera, i have always wanted an SLR and i do hope i cans ave up for one pretty soon

That is one big ol' sentence! I had to pause and take a break mid-way. LOL

Don't beat yourself up over if you consider yourself a photographer or not. Of all the pictures I've taken I think my mom entered some in the local fair one year (early 90's) and there's a night shot of the buggies and quads racing up and down the sand hills hanging in a local restaurant out at Gordon's Well, CA. Or at least it used to be there. My dad took my negatives and blew one up to poster size and gave it to the proprietor, he hung it up. Dad never gave the negatives back.

At any rate I just purchased my first DSLR last Friday, a gently used Sony A550 (14MP). I already had a Minolta Maxxum 35mm and various lenses so was able to use the lenses on the Sony. I'm getting some new lenses hopefully by next week.

In two weeks will be on a road trip to Alabama to watch the AMA Superbike races and to see the Barber museum. I'll take plenty of pics and hopefully can come close to what Humpy did at his local races.

So far no software for editing but am considering Adobe Lightroom 4.

When I get back from Alabama I'll post a few pics, if any of them are worthy.

SteveH41

Reaction score
Visit site
I think that with any DSLR the best thing you can do first it read the manual, most are dull and uninspiring but will atleast give you a good idea of the controls and their function.

I spent ages looking at sites such as Ken Rockwell as well as dedicated photography forums, I now feel comfortable with Aperture priority, shutter priority and full manual mode, understanding ISO is also key to a good shot.

I am learning (slowly now that the bike bug has hit) and hope to have a few bike pics to put up in the coming weeks.

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
I think that with any DSLR the best thing you can do first it read the manual, most are dull and uninspiring but will atleast give you a good idea of the controls and their function.

I spent ages looking at sites such as Ken Rockwell as well as dedicated photography forums, I now feel comfortable with Aperture priority, shutter priority and full manual mode, understanding ISO is also key to a good shot.

I am learning (slowly now that the bike bug has hit) and hope to have a few bike pics to put up in the coming weeks.

One thing I like to do, though it's a bit time consuming, is to browse through Flickr and look at the exif data of interesting pictures. This gives me all the settings the photographer used for the picture, especially for frames I'm having a difficult time capturing (I completely screwed up some moon pictures a couple weeks ago. I went the wrong way on my settings, and learned so by looking at the exif data for other moon pictures)

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So when are you going to share some of your work with us mate ??? C'mon cough up , I think you can tell we like piccies a LOT :D
sorry I havnt got back to this thread for a bit, let me see what I can up load for you,
at the moment I am having trouble "ensmallening" the pics
I'll have a play over the w/end and see wha I can do

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
sorry I havnt got back to this thread for a bit, let me see what I can up load for you,
at the moment I am having trouble "ensmallening" the pics
I'll have a play over the w/end and see wha I can do

Download a program called Shrink Pic (thanks Stumbles) :thumbup: Works a treat & is real easy to use :D

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks I will, both Kez and I need a program like that at the mo
Most old my shots are travel and/or texrure, panaramas are a real favourite

Not tonight tho... Time for some chips n twisties champers and maybe some sh1t telly and one on one with my fav lady

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
ok got shrink pic.
but I am having trouble getting anything to load that is small enough
will keep trying bear with me folks

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok Ok Ok if I may have a little bit of a head swell moment here !!!!! :D Just for one second....... For all those with Facebook , if you head to Canon Australia's FB page you will see this pic taken by yours truely as an example of panning skill :eek: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Im just a little excited :D

IMG_2584_wm.jpg

William

Reaction score
Visit site
I take a lot of photos on road trips and use a Cannon Powershot A3000, and I carry a tripod for when that’s needed. Here are few of my favorite photos on the Dalton Highway in Alaska last weekend.

1636.jpg

1631.jpg

1629.jpg

1667.jpg

1686.jpg

1687.jpg

1688.jpg

1696.jpg

1697.jpg