Photography Thread !!!

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Canon 350D with a Sigma 28-200 zoom lens and I'm very happy with it.

I was lazy and only used P mode until recently, I had a chat with a pro who showed me in 5 minutes how to set and shoot manual and now I am having more fun with it. I still need more practice though!

IMG_5702.jpg

IMG_5053.jpg

Donington1-1.jpg

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
wely, I enjoyed looking through your Flickr photos. Thanks for posting your link. Very nice!! :D

alanrim

Reaction score
Visit site
A couple of mine, don't seem to get much chance for photography at mo. Have sold a few, managed to make over £200 on a photo of a computer mouse !?!

buzzbomb

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
Visit site
It's great to see so many great photos!
I've been interested in photography for years, since I got my first SLR camera back in '97. I'm mainly interested in nature sports photography, but have mostly wide angle lenses for landscapes.

Currently I've got a Canon EOS 30D camera, but the shutter's playing up, so I'm dreaming of getting a 50D. One day... LOL

I used to hate the idea of digital, but warmed to the idea, and it's opened up heaps of possibilities using stuff like Adobe Lightroom.

I have a few photos uploaded on Photosig.com, but am a bit shy to send out the link... there are heaps of great photos here which are worthy of praise.

BB

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's great to see so many great photos!
I've been interested in photography for years, since I got my first SLR camera back in '97. I'm mainly interested in nature sports photography, but have mostly wide angle lenses for landscapes.

Currently I've got a Canon EOS 30D camera, but the shutter's playing up, so I'm dreaming of getting a 50D. One day... LOL

I used to hate the idea of digital, but warmed to the idea, and it's opened up heaps of possibilities using stuff like Adobe Lightroom.

I have a few photos uploaded on Photosig.com, but am a bit shy to send out the link... there are heaps of great photos here which are worthy of praise.

BB

C'mon mate , link up your pic's :D I dont think any of us here are professional & i havent seen any criticism of the pic's yet :thumbup:..... I too am worried about going to Digital but i have been shown that film is on the way out :(..... Been shopping for a Digital for a week now but cant decide between a Canon 500d or Canon 7d :confused: , both have merit but do i justify all the extra $$$$ for 3 megapixels ??

buzzbomb

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
Visit site
C'mon mate , link up your pic's :D I dont think any of us here are professional & i havent seen any criticism of the pic's yet :thumbup:..... I too am worried about going to Digital but i have been shown that film is on the way out :(..... Been shopping for a Digital for a week now but cant decide between a Canon 500d or Canon 7d :confused: , both have merit but do i justify all the extra $$$$ for 3 megapixels ??

Ok, I found a link to my stuff on Photosig, photoSIG » All Photos only thing is it only will show thumbnails of the stuff unless you sign up, but that's free and easy to do anyway.

Check out some of the local camera shops which have both the Canons in stock, and hold them, and see how they feel. I have fairly long fingers, and have trouble with the 500D, but the next step up, the 50D sized cameras fit well. But there is quite a price hike between them. I'm not sure if the 7D is weather sealed, but looks very solidly built. I've been drooling over the 7D as well, but would be happy with a 50D. Either way, my current camera, the 30D is left behind a bit, with only 8megapixels, so an upgrade would mean bigger CF cards, and maybe a computer upgrade to handle the larger photo resolutions.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, I found a link to my stuff on Photosig, photoSIG » All Photos only thing is it only will show thumbnails of the stuff unless you sign up, but that's free and easy to do anyway.

Check out some of the local camera shops which have both the Canons in stock, and hold them, and see how they feel. I have fairly long fingers, and have trouble with the 500D, but the next step up, the 50D sized cameras fit well. But there is quite a price hike between them. I'm not sure if the 7D is weather sealed, but looks very solidly built. I've been drooling over the 7D as well, but would be happy with a 50D. Either way, my current camera, the 30D is left behind a bit, with only 8megapixels, so an upgrade would mean bigger CF cards, and maybe a computer upgrade to handle the larger photo resolutions.

There is some incredible pic's in there mate , i'd be damn proud to show them off :D nothing to be shy about round here :thumbup:

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well i finally decided on a Canon 500d , body only as i already have Canon lenses :cheer: Got it at a great price of $1088 to so im really chuffed so anyway i went & pick her up this afternoon :D So watch this space :thumbup:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Like I said Dan, I bet your first pics are of the XJR and NOT Kel or the kids..... :spank::spank:

Why would we want to see pics of his Jag?:eek::spank::spank::ban:

(Jamie is busy currently, so I thought I'd cover this one for him just this once...lol):D

tuningfork

Reaction score
Visit site
Pentax K7 also seems to be a worthy camera , anybody have or used one ??? A few thoughts would be great :thumbup:

I have a Pentax K200D which is a bit lower down the food chain from the K7, it has been a really nice camera so far (have had it for about a year). Very solid feeling in the hands (vs. some of the Nikons I looked at in my price range) and the image quality is very good, with lots of user control options.

I just recently saw the K7 specs and it seems impressive.

I see you picked up the Canon though so congrats. I have some older K-mount lenses so like you, that was also a driving factor for me.

tuningfork

Reaction score
Visit site
wow, some of those shots are awesome, but idk if i would want to be shooting and riding at the same time. i was thinking about making a mount for my camera on the handlebars or somewhere. I wonder if anyone has done that before?

Twisted throttle sells a mount that attaches to the tank ring. And I have seen people make mounts for various other viewpoints on the bikes. There are also tons of cheaper cameras that can be used for action shots that attach to the wrist ,helmet, handlebar, etc.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
What I would like to know is how a person would take the shot when their hand is on the throttle which is the same hand that presses the shutter button? :confused:

Is there such thing as a left handed camera? Wavex or anyone else whose done this, how do you take your shots on the bike?

I let go of the handlebar for a second or 2 to take pictures... I have done it with my Canon SLR hanging around my neck (obviously I don't look through the camera visor and just shoot by aiming approximately) or with a small Sony Cybershot...

These photo were taken while riding:

2578464619_450ee52863_o.jpg

2579325246_ea0eb2e162_o.jpg

2579299032_9f301c699e_o.jpg

2579325400_daf05ab761_o.jpg

Last edited: