Petrol prices

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After reading the post from Mirko in Rome about Italy having the highest petrol prices in Europe I'm curious what the price of petrol is in your corner of the world. I think the easiest way to compare is if we use the same quantities, so I suggest $(US)/Gallon(US) for the stuff you use to fill your FZ6. Those of you in the UK watch out as we are talking US gallons, that's 3.785 litres.

exchange rates at present are:
............USD....EUR...GBP....CAD...AUD
1 USD =1.000 0.695 0.504 0.994 1.151
1 EUR = 1.438 1.000 0.724 1.429 1.655
1 GBP = 1.986 1.381 1.000 1.973 2.285
1 CAD = 1.006 0.700 0.507 1.000 1.158
1 AUD = 0.869 0.604 0.438 0.864 1.000

Here in Holland it's aprox €1.41 / litre that equates to €5.33685 / US Gallon which equates to $7.67,5 per US Gallon

buickttype

Reaction score
Visit site
fuel prices

Just filled up this morning took 3.07 gallons to fill up at 2.759 a gallon
total 8.47 should be able to ride till next friday (if I do not ride like I stole it)
I live on the Gulf Coast of Texas (Galveston area)

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
Man that took a lot of calculations (google calculator is fantastic but i don't have a pound sign on my keyboard). The price in the UK is $7.81 per US Gallon. That is because the government are thieving b*stards. Don't forget annual road tax at $397 a year (for my car). I checked the mpg for my car recebtly. It's a 1990 Mercedes 230TE. Unfortunately it was 18mpg (UK)

buickttype

Reaction score
Visit site
man and I complain about 2.75 a gallon I would have to park my truck if I lived in the UK it only gets 17 miles to the gallon so even here I drive it only when it rains or have to take my two kids with me

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just fueled up this morning here in Vegas and paid $3.01 per gal. I'm heading to LA tonight so I'll be able to provide figures from that area too. Mostly everywhere out west, we have no toll roads too, so those members back east or in the midwest should factor in that cost as well. I do have a question for those members who have toll roads, are the tolls cheaper for bikes vs cars?

S

sportrider

I gassed up my truck this morning and paid $3.07 a gallon for 87. the gas prices came down 9 cents since yesterday. even then it still cost me $70.00 to fill my tank.

W

wrightme43

$2.86 a gallon here. 45.something cents is tax.

My truck is the gas guzzlinist thing ever. I bought a new one to hopefully get better gas milage. Nope.

S

sportrider

$2.86 a gallon here. 45.something cents is tax.

My truck is the gas guzzlinist thing ever. I bought a new one to hopefully get better gas milage. Nope.
my 05 actually got better gas mileage then my 06 does. I used to average 16.8 MPG in the 05, I'm only getting 14 MPG in my 06. of coarse that's averaging 80+ MPH. I did drive slow for one whole tank just to see the differance and if I take off like a granny and keep it at 60 MPH, I got 19 MPG and actually got 410 miles out of a tank. but it takes forever to get to work.

in my 05 I had 3.55 gears in it, I have 3.73's in my 06

B

bluenova

Belgium average prices:

Petrol 95: €1.33 /L
Petrol 98: €1.44 /L
Diesel: €1.00 /L

US imperial (think it's right):
Petrol 95: $7.23 /G
Petrol 98: $7.83 /G
Diesel: $5.44 /G

Last edited by a moderator:

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
I paid about 5 dollars per gallon here in ireland..maybe my calculations are a bit wrong, I filled up this morning so I did a bit of guess work and assumed i did a full fill (19 Liters) so this is where I got the 5 dollars per US gallon from! :) Alot cheaper than the UK, but they're getting robbed over there.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just fueled up this afternoon here at Woodland Hills, Ca. Just north of LA,
$3.25 a gal. for regular at the Chevron. I paid $3.15 at the Flying J Truckstop in Barstow last night. As I mentioned, $3.03 in Vegas.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
wow, after seeing some of the gas prices from over the pond i don't feel so bad about my $3.00 a gallon. Sorry to hear it is so bad over there guys,

H

HavBlue

I use premium only in the Harley and FZ6 so it would be 2.929 a gallon. Regular is 2.729 for the cages.

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Reiobard, Dont feel sorry for us and our fuel prices, its been like this for years...I'm used to bending over and taking one for my country by the people in those large concrete buildings which we referr to as our government. They are more akin to blood sucking vermin who's only love in life is to empty the pockets of those who put them into power. One day fuel prices could be 1.10 euro per liter and another it could be 1.20 euro per liter. Sorry to have to mention this but its all because of the american "war on terror" over in the fuel rich region of the world. Even though our fuel comes from Russia the war has caused a hike in our fuel prices. Before the war it was below 1 euro per liter and now its at a painful level.

There will come a day when fuel is traded in euro, which will be good for us in europe but its going to have a drastic effect in America as the euro is a stronger currency. Maybe there will be no knock-on effect but only time will tell. I just wish fuel prices were that cheap here as they are in the US, now that would be sweet!! :)

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Reiobard, Dont feel sorry for us and our fuel prices, its been like this for years...I'm used to bending over and taking one for my country by the people in those large concrete buildings which we referr to as our government. They are more akin to blood sucking vermin who's only love in life is to empty the pockets of those who put them into power. One day fuel prices could be 1.10 euro per liter and another it could be 1.20 euro per liter. Sorry to have to mention this but its all because of the american "war on terror" over in the fuel rich region of the world. Even though our fuel comes from Russia the war has caused a hike in our fuel prices. Before the war it was below 1 euro per liter and now its at a painful level.

There will come a day when fuel is traded in euro, which will be good for us in europe but its going to have a drastic effect in America as the euro is a stronger currency. Maybe there will be no knock-on effect but only time will tell. I just wish fuel prices were that cheap here as they are in the US, now that would be sweet!! :)

I agree that the "War" is the cumplit and honestly i think that the best thing for this country (and probably the world) is to get the Moron that we have running this country out. I am so glad that we re-elect in February.

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree that the "War" is the cumplit and honestly i think that the best thing for this country (and probably the world) is to get the Moron that we have running this country out. I am so glad that we re-elect in February.

I still feel that even after the re-election the new president will have alot to work on, and results will most certainly not be immediate. I dont want to say anything bad about bush coz some of you do like him....but I dont think highly of him or his sidekicks!! :)

I'll keep with the post and repeat that I really wish I had your prices over there, being a student with this bike is quite pressing!! I'm always trying to scrape enough money together to get the next tank of fuel!!

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site

The war isn't as much to blame as the government. Tax is the biggest reason our fuel prices are soooo high. They seem to think we should all use public transport. At 30 quid plus ($60) to get into London and back from on the train where I live 50 miles away they can foxtrot oscar. I'll take the bike thanks even though I have to let the state shaft me up the a$$ in fuel tax (and purchase tax, and road tax, and VAT on the fuel tax)

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The war isn't as much to blame as the government. Tax is the biggest reason our fuel prices are soooo high. They seem to think we should all use public transport. At 30 quid plus ($60) to get into London and back from on the train where I live 50 miles away they can foxtrot oscar. I'll take the bike thanks even though I have to let the state shaft me up the a$$ in fuel tax (and purchase tax, and road tax, and VAT on the fuel tax)

Wow i know our president is an idiot but i guess your are run by thieves:confused::(

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
Left wing thieves. That is the problem. I also forgot congestion charge. 28 pounds to enter London in a car. The only reason bikes escape is that the cameras read the front of a vehicle but they'll get round that soon.

Almost 50% of the workers in the UK are civil servants. Who pays for that? Every other sorry f*cker