Personalized Tag... What a pain

Zebratounge

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone have a personalized MC tag? Is it always this difficult?

First I downloaded the application and picked 3 choices, up to six letters and or numbers . I mailed it around the first of August with a check for $25.
It was approved on August 19.
I received a letter the first week in October that said I would receive another letter at the end of November with instructions to get my tag. I never received the November letter. December 5th I called the number on the October letter. After transferring to the special license office. I was told they had the tag and would send me a blue letter in a few days,with the instructions. Got the blue letter and now have to send another check for $2.25 and a copy of my registration.
I may get my tag in a few weeks....

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
NH is probably the easiest state ever to get a novelty tag. just head down there when you register the vehicle, ask if the tag is in use, and if not then you pay the fee and they mail it to you.

mglowe

Reaction score
mglowe.public.iastate.edu
If my memory serves me correct, I was mailed a notice of failure to pay a parking ticket from your great state.

I called and inquired about such "ticket" and I was asked if I was the owner of license plate Vxxxx? I said of course but I did not visit your state.

I sas then asked about the make of vehicle and it did not match and they were somewhat confused. They actually sounded confused... Maybe you have the same [special] person (if you know what I mean) running the show? *grin*

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Obviously the procedure varies in different countries, here you have a choice up to 7 letters/numbers and as long as it isn't already in use or obscene it can be done. We have 9 provinces and most allow personal plates, costs vary from province to province and in some cases according to the number of characters requested.

I have had mine for about 8 years now, it has been on 3 cars and now my bike :) It cost the equivalent (today) of USD 250 back then....

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
You know, up until this post, I never really thought about a personalized MC tag. Now I probably won't get any sleep while thinking of a cool tag for my bike. Yeah. Thanks. Thanks a lot. :Flip:

:rof:

Seriously, I'm now really considering getting one. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. :thumbup:

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I will post a picture when I get the tag on.

Well why not....

25102008.jpg

ReblTeen84

Übernerd
Reaction score
Visit site
Apparently i'm just blessed in VA..$10 and 2 weeks and I had my personalized tag :thumbup:. We can order online and find out right then and there if its available and see what it'll look like on the plate that we choose, click order, put in your title number and current tag, and voila!