PCIII Maps....Which one is the best??

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay I'm finally getting around in installing my PCIII to my bike. I have TwoBros Ti slip on and K&N air filter already in place, I took out the PCIII and installed the software into my computer and followed the instructions. I looked at the maps available and noticed there wasn't a choice for TwoBros and 2007 year model. The closest I can find is for a 2004-2008 with a Leo Vince slip ons (eliminates catalytic converter)??, with a either a stock or aftermarket air filter. Will this map work with my bike?? The only other choice is a "no map" option in which case what change or improvement will I notice with choosing this option?? I went to Welcome to Power Commander III USB Motorcycle Fuel Injection Tuning Module website and saw no difference with map download, except for M410-ALL which is "All Available FZ6 Maps". I proceeded in downloading this map without any success. I can't seem to unzip this map once downloaded into my computer. What am I doing wrong here?? Can I get some help here.... please. Thanks.

PS: I currently have no plans in doing track time this year, but I do want some performance improvement. What map(s) can anyone suggest for me? Again thanks for any help.

Ares

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
All sounds too hard...have you thought of taking the bike to a shop and getting it dynotuned? if you can afford it, i reckon it might save you a bit of stress, and at least you will know that you are getting pretty much maximum benefit from the dollars spent on both the unit and the tune.

Not a very helpful reply i know, but it seems that heaps of people have problems finding a map which suits their bike.

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've thought of dynotuning the bike, but I'm relatively new to modding for performance. What is the ball park cost for dynotuning. If it's going to cost me an arm and a leg, I may consider the "zero map" option first and see how it goes from there on, followed by the "2004-2008 Leo Vince" set up. All other maps are designed for FZ6 of earlier model (before 2007). Thanks for the input.

Ares

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I dont know how much a dynotune costs in the US, but in Australia it's about $300. They normally do several runs till they get it as good as they can...you get read-out's with all the relative torque and HP figures. Am getting my 06 FZ done this week, will be posting pictures of the read out's from start to finish.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey BlueMonday - PM me with your email and I'll send you my map. I think it will get you very close to where you need to be. If not you can always try another map, win/win.

My tune cost about $320 or $380, I can't remember. I had the bike there for about 5 days to the tuner could do several morning cold starts to ensure the tune was correct. He also rode it about 65 miles to make sure everything was correct.

I'm a hellva "parts swapper" but I sure can't tune, I leave that to the pros.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you get the CD with your PCIII? When you run the set up on your PC it will create a directory for all of the maps at "C:/pwrcmdr", there are about 17 maps or so. When you hook your PCIII up to your PC you simply click "Open Map File" then click "Send Map File". The software will do its thing and the map you selected will be installed to the PCIII.

If you download a new map from DJ remember that when you unzip it you need to target where you want the file to go. Be sure to send it to the pwrcmdr folder so your software can find it.

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, it came with the installation CD. Maps on the software doesn't EXACTLY match my bike (2007 with TB cans and K&N air filter), only closest I found was the one for a 2004-2008 FZ6 with Leo's + aftermarket air filter. Will this work for my set up?? I will try to download the maps again and send it to the PCIII directory. I hope this works............... thanks.

Ares

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I asked my tuner about needing a K&N, he said not to bother so I don't think that will matter. Most exhausts are pretty much the same, for the most part.

The one I just sent you for an '07 with an Arkapovic with DB killers out. Everything else is stock, airbox, filter, etc.

Please let me know what you think. I've given this out to about 8 or 9 people and I'd like to hear how the map worked for others.

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll have it downloaded and installed by tonight, I will try it out tomorrow on my way to work. Maybe even after work. Thanks again.

Ares

gerbill

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay I'm finally getting around in installing my PCIII to my bike. I have TwoBros Ti slip on and K&N air filter already in place, I took out the PCIII and installed the software into my computer and followed the instructions. I looked at the maps available and noticed there wasn't a choice for TwoBros and 2007 year model. The closest I can find is for a 2004-2008 with a Leo Vince slip ons (eliminates catalytic converter)??, with a either a stock or aftermarket air filter. Will this map work with my bike?? The only other choice is a \"no map\" option in which case what change or improvement will I notice with choosing this option?? I went to Welcome to Power Commander III USB Motorcycle Fuel Injection Tuning Module website and saw no difference with map download, except for M410-ALL which is \"All Available FZ6 Maps\". I proceeded in downloading this map without any success. I can't seem to unzip this map once downloaded into my computer. What am I doing wrong here?? Can I get some help here.... please. Thanks.

PS: I currently have no plans in doing track time this year, but I do want some performance improvement. What map(s) can anyone suggest for me? Again thanks for any help.

Ares
Hello, I am a newby to this forum ,but have come across the same problem, I have a 2008 model with PcIII and KN filter thinking of adding Two Bro's exhaust ,but what map do you choose ?
or buy different exhaust.
Interested to find out what you ended with

MarineRider

Semper Fi
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
Yeah man I am thinking about getting the PCIII on my bike, let us know how that worked out, I would likely get the Akrapovic's over the TB's but still not sure. Will most definetly get the K&N filters though.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My FZ is at the shop right at this moment, having a dyno tune, with PCIII & TB Ti's fitted...dont think i will be able to get the map to copy, but i should at least be able to give people an idea of what HP & Torque reading's you get with this combo.

:Flash:

Vega

Reaction score
Visit site
A bit of an old topic, but more as worth it to dig it up again :)

I'm getting an Akra SP exhaust with K&N filter and cat eliminator combined with the pcIII. Now i also looked a bit around for a map but couldn't find any that fits this setup. Anyone running the same setup and has a nice map for it?

Would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

thorpe

Reaction score
Visit site
Bluemonday, if you want to unzip the file downloaded from the Dynojet website, you have to open it in a packer programme like winzip or winrar and the unpack it. Do not run it directly, the executable is corrupt so it won't unpack.

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This might sound stupid but why don't you call POWER COMMANDER and ask them which map to use. The web-site is powercommander.com See what they have and you can also ask to speak to someone. Hope that helped.