PCIII install

KUMAJ

Reaction score
Visit site
I forgot to write down important thing. combination with higher idle speed and modified R6 throttle makes completely disappear tricky throttle problem at on/off riding.

Enjoy:thumbup:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Perryn-san,

question. How non-mechanical mind people noticed free play of throttle??:D Ha ha

Have nice weekend:thumbup:

Hi Kumaj-san,

A very good point indeed, I know how it feels, I just didn't have the knowlege to sort it out. I will certainly give it a go.
Is there any way that you could post some pictures of the standard FZ6 grip up against the R6 grip. Just so I can get a better idea of where im cutting?

Thanks.

Ps can't wait to fit the Kumaja powere commander mk1

KUMAJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Unfortunately, I don't have pics to compare Sorry... but, this mod will be some of good time to spend in cold winter weekend for rider in your house. .

This kind of trial and error process mod is one kind of process of preasure. It is just advice. If you will do, please start from cutting little. You saw picture I mod. Actually, It is grip I cut it too much on FIRST R6 grip. Now I installed 2nd one having profile I mentioned. Original grip was given to my friend riding Hayabusa.

Fortunately, grip costs only USD 10. Just being patient against "A no-beer day" will makes your riding confortable for a long time.

I used '06 R6 grip. I described P/N of 06 and 05

P/N:2C0-26240-00 ('06)
5SL-26240-01('05)

I think 05 has little smaller diameter than 06

Enjoy:Flash:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So, what exactly is the difference betwween the race and road PCIII? I would probably order the Race but not if it lost the economy map option.

GAH

Reaction score
Visit site
So, what exactly is the difference betwween the race and road PCIII? I would probably order the Race but not if it lost the economy map option.

Go to powercommander.com, it will explain it all. The short version is the street EX only allows reprograming above 5500 rpm, the race version allows full range. The posted reprograming map for my combo (Scorpion exhaust and K&N air filter) is the same for either one.

Hazardous006

Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking into getting a PCIII for my FZ6 and i was wondering if u can modify the maps that r loaded into it so that u can smooth it out if its not where u like it.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Go to powercommander.com, it will explain it all. The short version is the street EX only allows reprograming above 5500 rpm, the race version allows full range. The posted reprograming map for my combo (Scorpion exhaust and K&N air filter) is the same for either one.

thats what i thought, i just wanted to be sure, i have ready the site.

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
there is to things you can do.
1-PC111 race version, it will ask you what mods you have done. If you still have questions you can call and speake to a tech and he will help you,
2- on the rear sprocket you have a stock 46 tooth. Buy a 48 tooth and that will give you the punch off the line and from 2-3 enjoy the ride.