Elite Member
Reaction score
www.glenwoodvfd.com
I just installed the Auto Tune on my 2009 FZ6 with a Power Commander 5

I have the following mods:
2 Brothers Slip on
No CAT
K&N Air Filter

I had this Dyno Tuned at the Dealer . but I just want to see what yo uguys think ... I have attached the map..

It seems like it is running lean still .. the Power Commander Software shows around 13.9-14 AFR .. Seems like I want it lower for more power ?

What would you guys adjust it to ?

So I set the target AFR ... and Auto Tune will keep it there ?

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I just installed the Auto Tune on my 2009 FZ6 with a Power Commander 5

I have the following mods:
2 Brothers Slip on
No CAT
K&N Air Filter

I had this Dyno Tuned at the Dealer . but I just want to see what yo uguys think ... I have attached the map..

It seems like it is running lean still .. the Power Commander Software shows around 13.9-14 AFR .. Seems like I want it lower for more power ?

What would you guys adjust it to ?

So I set the target AFR ... and Auto Tune will keep it there ?

You set percentage you want the autotune to adjust. So you can set it for +/- 15% and it will autocorrect only 15% plus or minus on the fuel. The idea is to set it at 15% or so and then go ride it and check to see what modifications were made, then accept the trim adjustments and let it auto tune again.

This should help.

Also, I'd go for closer to 13.2 AFR.

big_b

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.glenwoodvfd.com
Ok got ya.... so i should change ever cell 100 plus of them to 13.2 ib the target AFR? What about each gear settings? I guess my questio. How do I know if it is using the all gear or the individual gear mapping.

Another thing to note was I went on a ride but only seen trim settings under gear 1 on the Auto Tune section. The rest of the gears were zeros. Did I not stay in each gear long enough?

Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Ok got ya.... so i should change ever cell 100 plus of them to 13.2 ib the target AFR? What about each gear settings? I guess my questio. How do I know if it is using the all gear or the individual gear mapping.

Another thing to note was I went on a ride but only seen trim settings under gear 1 on the Auto Tune section. The rest of the gears were zeros. Did I not stay in each gear long enough?

Thanks!

It may be that they didn't hook up the one wire to tell your PC-V what gear it is in. If that is the case, it will only read gear 1. It is easy to tell if they did. It will be a white wire with red stripe running to under your tank.

big_b

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.glenwoodvfd.com
That may be my problem I hooked it up but only used the connector that came with it. So i need to hook up all the extra wires too I assume?

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
That may be my problem I hooked it up but only used the connector that came with it. So i need to hook up all the extra wires too I assume?

No read the PC-V instructions. It tells you what to hook up for gear indicator.

big_b

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.glenwoodvfd.com
Ok good idea... I bet it hooks up the same spot my HEAL gear indicator hooks up at.

big_b

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.glenwoodvfd.com
I will hook up the wires tomorrow and give it a shot ...

Another question ...

On the custom maps from DynoJet I see that the stock map under the AUto TUne section shows at the top Cylinder 1,2,3,4 and Gear 1,2,3,4,5,6

Looking at there custom maps for after market exhaust it only shows Cylinder 1,2 and Gear 1,2,3,4,5,6

Why are Cylinders 3 and 4 missing out of the custom maps ? :eek:

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I will hook up the wires tomorrow and give it a shot ...

Another question ...

On the custom maps from DynoJet I see that the stock map under the AUto TUne section shows at the top Cylinder 1,2,3,4 and Gear 1,2,3,4,5,6

Looking at there custom maps for after market exhaust it only shows Cylinder 1,2 and Gear 1,2,3,4,5,6

Why are Cylinders 3 and 4 missing out of the custom maps ? :eek:

Dunno. Batch firing injectors?

big_b

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.glenwoodvfd.com
OK I have the temp and speed sensor wires hooked up ... All is working on the DynoJet software now ...

So If I want my AFR target to be 13.2, Do I put 13.2 in every cell for all throttle and RPM positions on the target AFR target page ?

Then all there is to do is go for a ride and and then accept the trims ?

Should I expect more power coming from a mostly 13.7 AFR ?

Thanks !

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
OK I have the temp and speed sensor wires hooked up ... All is working on the DynoJet software now ...

So If I want my AFR target to be 13.2, Do I put 13.2 in every cell for all throttle and RPM positions on the target AFR target page ?

Then all there is to do is go for a ride and and then accept the trims ?

Should I expect more power coming from a mostly 13.7 AFR ?

Thanks !

Yes you can set it all to 13.2. I do not have autotune on my bike, but my map is intentionally leaner in 6th gear for economy.

Yes, ride then accept trims.

big_b

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.glenwoodvfd.com
OK I set it all to 13.2 up until 80% throttle and 10,000 RPM then I changed to 13 after 10,000 and 80%

How far should I ride to let the Auto Tune take measurements before I accept the trims ?

I for sure seems like it has alot better throttle response now but honestly feels like it lost a little power over 6,000 RPM after the change.. I proabably need to get it on a DYNO and have it tuned then let the AUto Tune keep it there.

So the point of accepting the trims is to keep the Auto Tune in range where it can adjust only for enviromental variables ? (SUmmer/Fall temps and humidity)

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Exactly! Back to your dyno.

OK I set it all to 13.2 up until 80% throttle and 10,000 RPM then I changed to 13 after 10,000 and 80%

How far should I ride to let the Auto Tune take measurements before I accept the trims ?

I for sure seems like it has alot better throttle response now but honestly feels like it lost a little power over 6,000 RPM after the change.. I proabably need to get it on a DYNO and have it tuned then let the AUto Tune keep it there.

So the point of accepting the trims is to keep the Auto Tune in range where it can adjust only for enviromental variables ? (SUmmer/Fall temps and humidity)