PC III + Akrapovic SP slip-on + K&N air filter

lazerfazer

Reaction score
Visit site
This thread is a question about which map to use with my PC III
The maps from Dynojet.com only have a map for the European bike with this set up, do you think it would hurt the bike to run the 2bros w/ aftermarket airfliter map on my bike?

Im asking for advice, but i already tried it and its SWEET, power commander is way better mod than anything else i have ever done

please refrain from telling to to use the search function of the website, i have tried, search "power commander 3" and 4000 threads come up because everyone talks about them, and has them listed in their signatures...

Last edited:

lazerfazer

Reaction score
Visit site
anyone running this same set-up in the US?
if so im curious as to what map your running on your PCIII

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry, not here - not many Akrapovics.

Mine is PCIII, OEM air filter and Scorpion carbon fiber slip ons. Runs really well with that.

BTW, I'd love to see a pic of your bike with the Akras on it :)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This thread is a question about which map to use with my PC III
The maps from Dynojet.com only have a map for the European bike with this set up, do you think it would hurt the bike to run the 2bros w/ aftermarket airfliter map on my bike?

Im asking for advice, but i already tried it and its SWEET, power commander is way better mod than anything else i have ever done

please refrain from telling to to use the search function of the website, i have tried, search "power commander 3" and 4000 threads come up because everyone talks about them, and has them listed in their signatures...

My 1st suggestion is that you're always better off with a tune on the dyno. I know it's expensive. My second is an offering of my map which is the 06 FZ6 with 2 Brothers a K&N filter. Attached :D
My bike ran great!

Like Karen said. We want pics of your Akros!

Last edited:

lazerfazer

Reaction score
Visit site
as requested:
attachment.php

i'll see if i can dig up a better pic, thanks for the custom map too - im going to run it tonight!!

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
My 1st suggestion is that you're always better off with a tune on the dyno. I know it's expensive. My second is an offering of my map which is the 06 FZ6 with 2 Brothers a K&N filter. Attached :D
My bike ran great!

Like Karen said. We want pics of your Akros!

I've got a PCIII on the way. I'm going to give your map a shot on my '07 with the same set-up as you.

Question: was this dyno tuned or one you played with?

Thanks, Ryan

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool. Thanks. I think the main difference then is that his is an '06 and mine's an '07. I think '07 was the first year for the sensor in the airbox wasn't it? I can't remember if it was '06 or '07 :confused:

Do you know if he has a cat still? Maybe I should just PM him :D

I'm not sure but I think the 07 was the year they put the O2 sensor in the exhaust. Also I think there were additional CAT installed in the actual header.

I would research these facts and try to keep in mind that even if you have the exact component configurations each bike is individual a tune is needed. As the bike burns into the new tune it's usually recommended to come back and get a touch up tune.

The map I posted was with the CAT in the exhaust. :D

Ben_H

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the akrapovic and k&n with r6 cam shafts and a juice box by two brothers i just tuned it by feel. Did you install the restrictor that came with the exhaust it looks like a hour glass.

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
nope...that didn't come with mine. I almost bought the quiet inserts to tone it down a little, but never did... I do need to repack one of these days though...

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the akrapovic and k&n with r6 cam shafts and a juice box by two brothers i just tuned it by feel. Did you install the restrictor that came with the exhaust it looks like a hour glass.

I would imagine you'd want to dyno especially with the R6 cams.

nope...that didn't come with mine. I almost bought the quiet inserts to tone it down a little, but never did... I do need to repack one of these days though...

I think you are both talking about different exhausts and inserts.

lazerfazer

Reaction score
Visit site
(REFERRING TO INSTALLING THE HOUR GLASS SHAPED METAL PIECE)

oh hell NO! lol
it didnt say where to put that thing in the installation instructions so i left it out :)

Last edited:

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
nice looking bike Ben_H

I got my PCIII, but haven't had time to install it yet. :( I have a couple more questions.

Has anybody messed with the accelorator pump settings for the FZ? Have you even enabled this?

Do the maps control the ignition for the FZ's, or just the fuel? It looks like it can control both?

lazerfazer

Reaction score
Visit site
think i can run a custom map (this custom map is w/ the airbox mod)
if i don't have the airbox modification?

i ran the two brothers map last night with my db killers in, and the bike lacked serious power, im not sure if this was due to the db killers themselves, the fuel map being off, or a mix of all the above...