Pazzo levers, what y'all think?

wdsoccer

Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking about getting the pazzo levers for my 2004 fz6. I was looking at the blue lever with black. Does anyone have these or any comments about it?

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
^+1. I've had them for about a year and LOVE them. I was lucky enough to pick them up before they raised the prices last year, though. They ARE expensive (as are the other aftermarket levers) but I think they're all worth it.

I've got the black levers with the blue adjusters. I thought about the blue levers with black adjusters but had a bad experience with another metal bit I bought in blue (the oil cap) fading to a purple within days of getting it and it scared me off that the blue levers would do the same. That being said, the process that Pazzo and other high-end lever makers use won't allow that to happen, so my fears were unfounded.

I say go for it!

huxy

Reaction score
Visit site
http://bikerhux.blogspot.com/2009/02/give-me-lever-oil-me-up-and-im-happy.html shows them on the bike as well as the old stock ones. Install is 10 mins as you just remove one bolt, swap the lever, and drop it back in again.

I got mine from http://www.pashnit.com/product/pazzo.html. Great customer service, and you can get them engraved like I did for $10 (which still makes them cheaper than in the UK) :rockon:

Gear changes are so much smoother now as you can adjust the lever exactly to your hand so it's all comfortable. Definitely recommend them.

Manx

Reaction score
Visit site
I think the best mod you can do to an FZ6, 10 mins to fit.

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
Got 'em on my 04 and love the look and function of the levers. I went with the silver shorties on both sides. Here's a pic:
armystrong-albums-armystrong-album-picture2927-pazzo-brake-rizoma-grips-mirror.jpg

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think somebody is laughing on their way to the bank.

I agree, they are ridiculously over-priced, but on the flip side, they are a big improvement over OEM, they have much better adjustability, especially the clutch lever, they dont rattle around as much, if at all, and give you much better feel at the levers.

Having said that, my track FZ6 has OEM levers, and to be honest, it doesnt seem to make much difference.....i cant say i really notice it when on the track....but i do like them a lot on my road FZ6.

geetarhero

Reaction score
Visit site
I got a question for you guys with the levers; I notice a HUGE difference in braking power/control when using a full hand on the front brake as compared to how I normally cruise (index,middle resting on the brake) and It made me wonder, Does switching to a shorty brake lever give you the same power and control when just using the 2 fingers as you would normally feel with all 4 on a normal sized lever?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got a question for you guys with the levers; I notice a HUGE difference in braking power/control when using a full hand on the front brake as compared to how I normally cruise (index,middle resting on the brake) and It made me wonder, Does switching to a shorty brake lever give you the same power and control when just using the 2 fingers as you would normally feel with all 4 on a normal sized lever?

Good question... You would think that with the shorty's offering less leverage, that the pull to the bars, with the clutch at least, would be harder...this does not seem to be the case though...I use 2 fingers on both levers with my pazzo's without any issues.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Good question... You would think that with the shorty's offering less leverage, that the pull to the bars, with the clutch at least, would be harder...this does not seem to be the case though...I use 2 fingers on both levers with my pazzo's without any issues.

+1

I had the same concerns with going to a shorty clutch lever. Once the PAZZOs were one, it was like butter!! I was really surprized at how it improved the clutch pull and made it easier than the stock long lever! Dosen't make sense, but it is easier with the shortie PAZZO!