Pazzo Clutch Lever Problem

rickawd

Reaction score
Visit site
I've just installed a pair of the Pazzo short lever and they look good, but I am having a problem with the clutch lever. After the installation I noticed the free play seemed to be too much and the lever would not return to the fully "open" position, but I went ahead and tried to start her up. No go. Wouldn't fire up so I just asumed it was the free play.

Now, I've adjusted the cable "nut" so that it's pratically all the way out and the bike will start in nuetral, but as soon as I down shift to first it kills the bike.

Any body else experience this or have any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

Attached are a couple pics of my current config.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Isn't the clutch side the lever that you have to remove the stock bushing from the stock lever and put it into the PAZZO lever? I always forget which lever has the bushing (only one side has it).

Here are my 'how to instalation notes': http://www.600riders.com/forum/garage-mechanical-help/1710-replace-clutch-lever.html

Your clutch adjuster should not be all the way out like that. Not sure exactly what's going on there.

Last edited:

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Boneman, if I recall correctly, I think you're right. You have to reuse the stock bushing with the Pazzo lever. To the OP, you definitely shouldn't have to have the cable adjuster turned that far out. Let me see if I can find a picture of mine from when I installed them so you can see what it's supposed to look like...

Ok, so maybe I was wrong on the adjuster being turned out that far. Here's what mine look like:

1.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited:

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow...that IS a great point DaveOTZ! I didn't even think about that. Sometimes it's always the simplest things that you miss.

huxy

Reaction score
Visit site
I think the clutch is the side where there's a small switch that you have to make sure you press in when you offer the lever up. I didn't the first time but then spotted it and re-inserted the lever and it went in a treat so I'd check if yours is jammed.

When i fitted them it was stock ones out and new ones in with no adjustments needed of the cables at all. And they look grreeaattttt :rockon:

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
There is a little switch on the clutch side that tells the bike that the clutch is pulled in or not.

My ASV's didn't have the little stop thing connected, but they came with it. I had to install it manually and then put the levers on.

I don't know if it's the same for the Pazzos, but check to see if that switch is properly being pushed, and not broken.
If the bike thinks the clutch is out when you shift it'll stall.

rickawd

Reaction score
Visit site
Turns out my brain is on vacation. It was because I kept leaving the kickstand down while testing and I'm embarassed to say how many times I did this before it occurred to me.

guess it was a good excerise because I did infact forget to swap out the bushing and I may never noticed if it wasn't for this brain fart.

Thanks to everyone that contribued!

rickawd

Reaction score
Visit site
but you still have the cable being all the way drawn out problem though... right?

No, I was able to back it in to where i was originally and it works. It feels a bit "mushy" though, so I'll probably do some tweaking to get a better feel.

P

pengellyb

yes the bushing does have to be reused for the clutch lever, ur right!!!!also try some white lithium grease on the bushing aswell upon re-assembly

zigzagg321

blue is fastest...
Reaction score
Visit site
as for the cable adjuster being that far out...mine is as well with stock levers...the dealer adjusted it this way because the clutch was being disengaged enough. seems fishy to me now that I see other ppls clutch cable adjustment setting.