Parking in heavy wind.

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok. You guys convinced me to leave it in gear. How do you stop the motor then? Kill switch, in gear plus key turn, in gear plus side stand, or in N plus key turn, then in gear after?

Just let it idle untill it's out of gas :BLAA:

Grtz,

Degake

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
:)

I tried "bumping" (read, pushed a LOT) and don't see it coming of. I probably was, however, pushing down on the bars too.

Nevertheless, wilco. It's one of those things I'll probably never know saved her, but it's worth 1 second per trip for the peace of mind.

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I put mine inside when that hurricane hit the east coast last year. Not so much for wind, but for debris. On the other hand, I've seen a fully faired bike get blown over before.

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
My CBR got blown over in very strong winds about 4 years ago when I was at work. For the record- it was parked with the kickstand facing toward the wind, with the body taking the wind broadside. It can happen! I think if I would have parked the other way the side stand would have prevented it from flipping. We were under a tornado warning so my bike was the least of my worries at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk