Pants off dance off...

Darken Dioxen

Reaction score
Visit site
:liar:OK so I fibbed...looking for some advice on pants to put ON.

Does anyone know of any Riding pants that would be comfortable OVER clothing? And a reasonable price would be nice. I am definitely NOT a leather chaps kinda guy :rockon:

I use my bike for commuting, And unfortunately have to do the Business Casual thing. Having some sort of over pant would be perfect since I am 99% sure that khakis are only slightly better then sliding down the road naked.

Any advice or direction is appreciated!

callmegandhi

IM4TH
Reaction score
Visit site
I just purchased a pair of tour master mesh riding pants. They have 2 removable liners, one insulated and on waterproof. They also have zippers that come up from the cuffs all the way to your knee so you can slide your foot through without removing your boots or shoes. Make sure you buy them a it bigger in the waist to allow room for pants or shorts underneath.

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
I was steered toward the Olympia Air Glide pants by Lytehouse, and I LOVE them. They zip all the way to the hip, have the knee armor and hip padding for protection, and are very comfortable over pants. Easy on and off for work.

Olympia Moto Sports - Men’s Airglide 3 Mesh Tech Over Pant

They are breathable for warmer weather, and have a thick quilted liner to add in if you ride in the cold/wet.

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
They are breathable for warmer weather, and have a thick quilted liner to add in if you ride in the cold/wet.

The Airglide 2s have the quilted liner, The Airglide 3s liner is waterproof, but is not quilted. I bought Airglide 3s and bought an Airglide 2 liner for the best of both worlds. I wear them as pants with bike shorts under them. They're great.

TampaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I wear Joe Rocket textile mesh pants, cost a bout $125.00. They fit well and vent well for Southern riding.

thethendi

Reaction score
Visit site
You should probably consider separate knee armor that straps directly to your leg...from what I've seen in my overpants and have read about others, any included knee armor might fall at a weird spot on your leg, or move around during a crash and wind up doing nothing for you.

I have Joe Rocket textile overpants (I think it's the "Ballistic" model), which I purchased because it has a mating zipper to attach to my Joe Rocket Jacket...they're fine aside from the knee armor issue.

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I've used Alpinestars street cargo pants which were confortable, durable and had good armour. I currently have a Yamaha Freeride jacket and pants to wear over other clothes, but otherwise I always wear leathers.

CDE

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought some new pants! I got REV'it tornado pants. I'm pretty happy with them. They are light weight but should stand up ok to a few years of abuse. They are not an "overpant" but if you get a size bigger with a non-overpant they become overpants!! These pants are fairly baggy so could certainly work well with something underneath. Another nice thing about these is the knee armor is adjustable. The liner is also water proof(ish) and pretty warm. With it out they are nice and cool.

The other reason I got these is because the color matches my jacket nicely.

Also, the straps around the waist are of good quality and should stand up. My friend has a pair of ballistik pants and the zipper and buttons on the waist failed after 2 years.

Another nice feature to look for is that the pant legs unzip to more easily put on your riding boots.

They also make my bum look nice ;)

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Another possible option might be what I bought, Bohn armor pants, its spandex leggings with hip, thigh, knee/shin guards. I use them with my riding pants and under my uniform when I have to go into work on the weekends or if I want to wear jeans instead of my riding pants.