Oxford HotGrips Heated Motorcycle Grips Review

gamestone

Reaction score
www.gamestone.co.uk
I bought some today from Hein-Gericke, when I got home and looked at them the Heat Controller (the newer push button one) had bits of plastic missing around the edges.

Took it back and exchanged it, the replacement has a similar thing, the plastic is way to brittle

It would seem Oxford has a quality issue as I will be taking it back tomorrow for a refund.

Shame because the grips look very well made but the control box just falls to bits.

Edit: I've emailed Oxford the photos I've took and will post back their reply if any.

Last edited:

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought some today from Hein-Gericke, when I got home and looked at them the Heat Controller (the newer push button one) had bits of plastic missing around the edges.

Took it back and exchanged it, the replacement has a similar thing, the plastic is way to brittle

It would seem Oxford has a quality issue as I will be taking it back tomorrow for a refund.

Shame because the grips look very well made but the control box just falls to bits.

Edit: I've emailed Oxford the photos I've took and will post back their reply if any.

The oxford heated grips are the best grips i've fitted to a bike. Granted the unit isn't the strongest but they are fan-tastic!! :)

See if you can get the older oxford grips with the twisty dial.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The oxford heated grips are the best grips i've fitted to a bike. Granted the unit isn't the strongest but they are fan-tastic!! :)

See if you can get the older oxford grips with the twisty dial.

is the twisty dial a variable heat dial? if so i would definitely consider these after my experience with the hot hands grips my wife has. hers are barely noticeable on low and fully live up to their name on high and nothing in the middle. I find that i ride3 and am constantly turning them on and off...

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know this is an old thread but I got the Oxford hot grips fitted at my dealer last Thursday, during my 20000KM service, and I think they are great. I have a 45 minute commute and on Friday it was about -1 degree C and my hands were toasty warm (as opposed to the loosing feeling in my fingers for the last 10 minutes). I really enjoyed the ride back, really sunny and no cold hands :thumbup:

Damn I've got soft ;)