overseas buying/shipping

penguinbiker8

stuntin like my daddy
Reaction score
Visit site
so im looking for a headlight for my FZ6N project and wavex's threads helped alot, along with UK ebay. but it gets me wondering, is it safe to buy from overseas? waht if i pay but dont receive? theres a ton of good stuff out there that the states just dont get. but i dont want to get ripped off. so what are you guys experiences with overseas buying and shipping?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
so im looking for a headlight for my FZ6N project and wavex's threads helped alot, along with UK ebay. but it gets me wondering, is it safe to buy from overseas? waht if i pay but dont receive? theres a ton of good stuff out there that the states just dont get. but i dont want to get ripped off. so what are you guys experiences with overseas buying and shipping?
How about you get one of us UK guys to get it for you.
You then pay for the item at the day it was purchased exchange rate + shipping.
UK visa covers e-bay purchase.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i have ordered a few things from Ebay overseas and i always confirm and read some of the feedback of the buyer before i place the order, I get sketched out if all the feedback looks like it is the same or if they have excessive negative/neutral feedback.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have bought lots of motorbike bits from the States from E bay and other sources. The Saddleman seat for my Intruder went back and forth three times before it was right...great when it was finished.

But BEWARE you may have to pay import tax on your end which can significantly put up the price.

The best way is to do what Perryn suggested. Get one of the UK guys to get it for you and label it as "Used" on the customs declaration then there will be less chance of you getting hammered for tax. And I did not suggest that......

Steve

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
But BEWARE you may have to pay import tax on your end which can significantly put up the price.

The best way is to do what Perryn suggested. Get one of the UK guys to get it for you and label it as "Used" on the customs declaration then there will be less chance of you getting hammered for tax. And I did not suggest that......

Steve

I know in holland you have to officially declare everything you import to the tax office, the rules for shipping abroad are simple it depends on the rules and regulations in that country, so it is down to the buyer to arrange things on their end. In some countries "used" or "present" have different rules.

By the way if the euro exchange rate is any better I could always get the parts for you PBiker.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When I bought the saddleman seat from the states I got a letter from the tax man telling me I had to pay tax on the seat and it was expensive.

How they find out you buy things I have no idea.

Steve

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If this is on E Bay you should have no worries.

I buy things from all over the world and have never had a problem with delivery.

The far east especially, delivers at an amazing rate.

Steve