www.surdykeharley.com
drool!!!!!

2011-yamaha-fz1-engiw.jpg

Twitch

Elite Pimp
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
omg they r finally putting the big bang motor in the fz1 ... welp, im tradin in my 6 for sure now. glad i waited haha

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pretty, but

looking at this very plausible rendering made by the friends at Motorevue, we can’t help noticing the dramatically sportier riding position, which is in total contradiction with FZ1’s reputation.

makes me say, 'meh'... :rolleyes:
Anxious to see it when it comes out, however!

kyle

Reaction score
Visit site
While we have nothing against that, looking at this very plausible rendering made by the friends at Motorevue, we can’t help noticing the dramatically sportier riding position, which is in total contradiction with FZ1’s reputation.

While it's absolutely beautiful, my neck wouldn't allow me to ride it for that reason. It'd start the usual "I'm burning unbearably and you've only been riding for 20 minutes...Muhaahah!" to personify it unnecessarily.

BroHay

FZ1 Mod-a-holic
Reaction score
Visit site
Am I missing something with having an undertail exhaust?

There are PLEEEEEENTY of suitable makes for it's present location without cramming more things in an already congested space (jmo).

Last edited:

razteo

Special Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If this new engine still lacks of low-end torque and makes you rev-it like an R1 to get some juice out, then the FZ1 is still far from what it needs to achieve itself as a “sport” touring bike.

It will also have strong competition out there, see for example how well the Z1000 performs (and looks).

Last edited:

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
boggles my mind why yamaha cant make a bike with a "level" seat.. do they think we are all huge and will level it out when we sit??? other than that it looks good, but i dont think they are going to do major faring changes and just keep the same exhaust they have had for the past few years...

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
That picture is nothing more than a rendering done by the French magazine this article refers to...