OK what happened to SPEED Channel

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok This is a thread to post your frustration with two wheel television. Or lack of. What did Fox do to the speed channel? It's pretty lame not to be able to find the motos any more. I miss two wheel Tuesday. :( :spank:

tamucc2004

Reaction score
Visit site
Speed and Fuel are not Fox 1&2. Supposedly they are going to run more Moto live and actually run all races and also more MotoGP which really excites me. Although their announcers are horrible!!!When they obviously dont even know Rossi and other major riders what are they doing calling a race?

But oh well maybe fuel will play more then UFC 23 hours a day now.

lkea

Reaction score
Visit site
Seems that they ended contract with the FOX that is why it was discontinued.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have Direct TV and don't get Fuel TV I think anyway. I missed all the outdoor national races :( (Love my motocross) and haven't seen any moto gp this year either :(. I know I have been busy but it really disappointed me Speed is gone. It was turning into Nascar TV anyway but they still has good motos from time to time.

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Goodby Speed and I won't miss you!!! Used to be a good channel but became NASCAR TV. Going to spring for the MotoGP package next year. We tossed cable TV and except for the occasional race don't miss it.

Seems like all of the sports channels are all chasing the same programing. Don't know why no one has started a streaming service via the internet for race fans.

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
It was turning into Nascar TV anyway but they still has good motos from time to time.

I agree. When they interrupted a Moto2 race to show some Nascar show I was done with Speed TV. We just got MotoGp multiscreen experience. I am waiting to see how it goes. Still trying to figure it out. Got to get up at 5am (West Coast time) to see Silverstone on Sunday. We will see how it goes.

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How do we get MotoGP for the rest of the season? There was no coverage on 219 (Fox1) last weekend. Is our only option to subscribe via the MotoGP website?

[Hey Goop, can we all fit in your house? ...or do we have to drive up to Wavex's place? lol]

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
How do we get MotoGP for the rest of the season? There was no coverage on 219 (Fox1) last weekend. Is our only option to subscribe via the MotoGP website?

[Hey Goop, can we all fit in your house? ...or do we have to drive up to Wavex's place? lol]

The Czech GP was on FS1 last weekend -- live at 7:00am Eastern time. Moto2 was shown delayed later in the day. Moto3 was on FS2.

Same, more or less, for the British GP. First showings, Eastern US time:

MotoGP 8:00 am Sep 1 FS1 (with repeat showings later)
Moto2 Noon Sep 1 FS1 (with repeat showings later)
Moto3 8:00pm Sep 4 FS2 Moto3

zap2it.com -> TV Listings ... enter zip code ... choose TV provider ... search for "motogp" to get all the first runs and re-broadcasts.

Or here:

http://msn.foxsports.com/tv-listings

Fox Sports signed on to air the 2014 and 2015 seasons, too, so it shouldn't be going anywhere.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2013/MotoGP+signs+a+multiyear+contract+with+FOX+SPORTS

Last edited:
D

Dave.TX

I was gonna answer the original question with "Fox killed it" but you already said the same thing. UFC, that's all they care about. I don't watch MMA but apparently a lot of people in trailers in Kentucky do.

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In my opinion, Speed channel was on the decline anyway. When I first saw it, there were rarely times when there wasn't something good on. F1, WRC, Two-wheel Tuesdays, ALMS/Le Mans Series, etc. Then then it seemed there were more shows about working on cars, then NASCAR, then shows about NASCAR...

I don't have cable TV, so I am missing it either way, but you can usually find streams of a lot of races if you look around online.

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
You guys are funny. My husband has been overwrought about the CRTC (the Canadian TV Overlords Who Ensure Sufficient Canadian Content, or something like that) trying to take away his NASCAR races. They brought them back for now, thank goodness, or the poor man might've had an aneurysm.