ok peoples I gave you a head start!!!

S

sportrider

I got my bike back together!!! everything nice and tight to spec. had the tires rebalanced. took her out for a test run and 140MPH no vibration!!!:D

so my point is I came in almost last in the monthly mileage contest last round, but... that was then this is now!!!:thumbup:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats! I'll bet tearing down and reassembling the Fizzer is a great way to really know the bike. :thumbup:

S

sportrider

I took the forks off due to dealer recommendation(in a round about way) after asking them what else would cause a high speed vibration.
I had pulled the front wheel & fender so I could check the steering head bearings for play as well as check each fork individually for movement and to make sure a spring hadn't collapsed or broke. from there since I was that far into it I wanted to inspect the steering head bearings so I pulled the forks and upper triple clamp to check the torque on the head bearings (13ftlbs) reinstalled the clamp torqued the steering stem (80ftlbs) reinstalled the forks torquing the pinch bolts (22ftlbs) and the front wheel (56ftlbs axle 17ftlbs pinch bolt) then on to the rear wheel (86ftlbs) the fairing and that's about it.

I actually enjoyed tearing down the bike it was kinda fun!!! plus it gave me reassurance everything was nice & tight as it should be. besides after blowing the dust off of my torque wrench for that picture on the other thread it was asking me to use it!!!:thumbup:

W

wrightme43

Also Dominoes requires it every six months. LOL
Whats your milage now Danny?

I am at 10436. I know we are close.

S

sportrider

Also Dominoes requires it every six months. LOL
Whats your milage now Danny?

I am at 10436. I know we are close.

30 minutes or its free baby!!! I'm 10232 so ya got a little lead on me. don't worry I'll reel ya in :D

W

wrightme43

One tank O'fuel. LOL
10400/200=52 fill ups.
4.1 X 2.70= $11.07
11.07 X 52=$575.64 woo hoo.