Oil Level - Fill Volume

djstrong

Reaction score
Visit site
How much oil does everyone put in after an Oil & filter Change?

After a couple changes, My bike takes 2 Quarts + 24 Oz. and the dip stick is right at the top of the full mark.

If I use the 2.96 Qt (1 Oz less than 3 Qt) the manual states, it seems like it is slightly overfilled. Not a big deal. My first changes, I just put in 3Q, but it seemed a little too much.

Has any one else monitored this?

I check it on the center stand, and after warmed, Hot, or cold, the level seems about the same.

Also, for you high milers out there, do your bikes burn any oil between changes?

Happy Riding

S

Shamus McFeeley

I put 3 qts in every time. 35,000 miles now and I have not noticed any loss between oil changes.

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
How much oil does everyone put in after an Oil & filter Change?

After a couple changes, My bike takes 2 Quarts + 24 Oz. and the dip stick is right at the top of the full mark.

If I use the 2.96 Qt (1 Oz less than 3 Qt) the manual states, it seems like it is slightly overfilled. Not a big deal. My first changes, I just put in 3Q, but it seemed a little too much.

Has any one else monitored this?

I check it on the center stand, and after warmed, Hot, or cold, the level seems about the same.

Also, for you high milers out there, do your bikes burn any oil between changes?

Happy Riding

If I remember it right, with the filter change, you put 2.8L without it is 2.5L

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Similar findings to yours. I use an oversized filter (taller than stock) and with 2.75 qts it read a bit above full line.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I'm the same 2.6 litres. I change my filter and oil at 5000km and use only motul 5100 oil my bike loves me in return. lol:thumbup:

Yep! Can't beat the ol' Motul...7100 for me, but 5100 is pretty bloody good too!