Oh this hurts

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hats off for not gutting it and selling the Goods and bike separate! ^^ +5

My path will be the same unless something bad happens along the way.

Good Luck!

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
I leave my hat on for not gutting it and selling the bike and parts separately. :) I'm sure there are some people on here that want your farkles!

+1 on "what did you buy to replace it?"

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bike and features, too bad it's too far, one of my friend is interested, but he can't decide until he rides mine, which is getting postponed from past 3 months. Maybe he will test ride my stock ones this weekend.
Anyway, how many miles on it?
When I saw the name Scott, I thought TownsendsFJR1300 (his bike is also blue), then I remember he has SSS.
I leave my hat on for not gutting it and selling the bike and parts separately. :) I'm sure there are some people on here that want your farkles!

Until you join this site, you don't know its value and people doesn't spend much time on the site and then buy something (which I'm doing now, joined FZ-09 and Triumph STR, as I may see myself owning them one day; learned from FZ6)
Not only FZ, none of the bike's value until you come to its forum and learn that these are the mods which are required.
When I first search for a bike, 5 months ago, I looked for cheap and stock bike, I don't like someone messing around with the internals.
I doubt 'that' caused 'this' problem and it'll be there in my mind until the bike dies.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yup. I bought Pig over two years ago now.

_DSC0014-2.jpg

I still love my fizzer. But, I wanted to do more tours and vacations, and I can't ride the Yammie for more than 90 minutes, butt hurts a little but the knees scream (I'm getting older, arthritic, and have a 37" inseam). I've prepared to sell fizzer several times, but I always take her for one last burn up the Wasatch canyons, and come home shaking my head "not yet".
I can afford to keep Her, but I live in a small house and its a pain shuffling everything around to mow the lawn, but much worse to snow-blow the driveway. $225 insurance/year for maybe three rides, it just doesn't make sense to keep Her around, she'd make someone else so happy (this is a FANTASTIC bike).
Thanks for pointing out I didn't post the mileage. I bought my '07, used, in '07, with 1,400 miles on Her, for $5,500 (original owner's wife Told him he didn't like it :( ). I got a damn good deal. She now has 28,000 on Her, certainly not VegasRider numbers but considering She hasn't been ridden much at all the last two years...
It'll hurt, but it makes sense.

Still, it's been on the market for over a day and not a single phone call yet...

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
Part out the farkles. The FZ6 attracts new riders (this was my first "real" bike) and most will not know the benefits of the stuff you have, or may not want the mods at all. In fact, it may detract buyers thinking the bike may not have been adult ridden. While this is not reality, it's just the perception. It's more of a pain to make a bunch of small sales, but you'll be able to afford to drop the price and sell it faster.

If you want to leave the bike as is, consider explaining the benefits of each mod and putting a value on it.

Regardless, describe your ownership, the maintenance, mileage, condition, how it was stored (garage?), reason for selling, etc. The more you put into the description, the more people will know you cared about this bike its entire life.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey now, don't be hating on the BMW owners here :(
We have 2 of them in the garage now......

I don't hate BMW owners at all!!

I make my living-(more of a hobby, part Time) putting helmet locks on them. Keep em coming without helmet locks!!
Pirates Lair sells them under "Easy Helmet locks"..

Link;
The Easy Helmet Lock for the BMW K1300S, K1200S, K1300R, K1200R, & R Sport

Link;
The Easy Helmet Lock for the BMW K1200RS / GT

and others under that name (Easy Helmet lock) Been making them 11 years now..

.BMW lock, uses your ignition key..

Here's a GS bracket and lock (which I designed and manufacture)

Last edited: