derek533

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, my wheels seem to be offset but the alignment is good. I replaced both tires about 500 miles ago myself. Obviously, I pooch screwed something on reassembly or didn't get everything aligned.

Assuming all spacers/washers/bearings are in the correct location, any ideas on how to fix this? The rear tire is about 3/4" offset from the front wheel.

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
Could we see some pictures to clarify what you mean? Both rims should have an arrow which shows the direction of rotation (the tire and the rim both have a rotation arrow). The arrows are important because the spacers should be in the correct orientation. 3/4 of an inch seems like a big deal so I would probably not ride the bike until this is worked out.

derek533

Reaction score
Visit site
Update. I had the strings I was using for alignment off and that was throwing off all the measurements. After straightening the strings out and getting them like they should be, I am only off a little less than a 1/4" (less than 4mm) so I'm not going to worry too much about it.

Basically, the tires look like this

Front Tire []

Rear Tire []

Spacers and collars are all on properly and in the proper orientation as are the rims and tires. Both wheels are tracking straight and chain alignment is good.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I no longer have the OEM Forks, spacers, and axle bolt on the front but I will say the R6 conversion folks must use the proper spacer on each side as one is counter-bored to recess into the axle. Although it would technically go together it would induce an issue as described here.

R6 FORK LEFT SIDE COLLAR
Counter-bore recesses into Axle Shank:
attachment.php

R6 FORK RIGHT SIDE COLLAR:
attachment.php

JJD952 - WHEEL