offset slider interchange?

GravisMaximus

Reaction score
Visit site
i would like to know if any of you know if the engine bolts used (where you mount the sliders)on the fz6 are the same size diameter bolts as the ones on a R1. i was looking to get a set of offset sliders due to my Yamaha fairings (i dont want to cut them) and have run into these. YAMAHA YZF-R1 2007 FRAME SLIDERS POLISHED ALLOY:eBay Motors (item 280389964773 end time Sep-25-09 17:53:48 PDT)
the other question is- if you look at these offset brackets you see the tits sticking out, which fits into where the engine mount bolts go. is this also the same size hole between a FZ6 and a R1?

i have also seen a set at graves motorsports Graves Motorsports - Graves Motorsports Frame Savers Yamaha R1 (2007-08)
that have fins that stick out so the bracket cant rotate, but there a bit more and the final queston would be do you think these R1 graves sliders would fit over the FZ6 frame?
thanks for the help in advance :Flash:

GlockDoc

Reaction score
Visit site
Dang, those are pretty cheap (price wise). I don't know about the bolt size, little research should yeld the answer, but you can always shim a large hole or drill it out for a bigger bolt if necessary. My question would be more is there enough offset to clear the faring? I just went out and measured my bike. Center of the mount bolt to edge of the faring (powerbronze) is 3".

edit to add: I just looked at the slider links again. doesn't appear to be enough offset for my farings, but I don't know about the Yamaha faring.

Last edited:

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Dang, those are pretty cheap (price wise). I don't know about the bolt size, little research should yeld the answer, but you can always shim a large hole or drill it out for a bigger bolt if necessary. My question would be more is there enough offset to clear the faring? I just went out and measured my bike. Center of the mount bolt to edge of the faring (powerbronze) is 3".

edit to add: I just looked at the slider links again. doesn't appear to be enough offset for my farings, but I don't know about the Yamaha faring.
You would only need 1-1.5 inches for the Yamaha fairing. You can see the pics of my install (with holes drilled) on my site link below.