OEM Turn Signal Wires

mnuttall87

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

Have a quick question. I couldn't find this via search, so if it has been posted please point me in the right direction!

When I got my 2007 FZ6, the OEM turn signal wires had been cut to make room for aftermarket ones. I see adapter kits on ebay, like such: Yamaha Turn Signal Adapter Plugs for R1 R6 FZ1 FZ6 Y | eBay, but what the hell does that big grey piece plug into?

Can i replace whatever that grey piece is supposed to be going into on the bike? What I have now is just the wires dangling there that would go straight to a turn signal. If it's not worth replacing because its been cut, just let me know that too.

Thanks!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

Have a quick question. I couldn't find this via search, so if it has been posted please point me in the right direction!

When I got my 2007 FZ6, the OEM turn signal wires had been cut to make room for aftermarket ones. I see adapter kits on ebay, like such: Yamaha Turn Signal Adapter Plugs for R1 R6 FZ1 FZ6 Y | eBay, but what the hell does that big grey piece plug into?

Can i replace whatever that grey piece is supposed to be going into on the bike? What I have now is just the wires dangling there that would go straight to a turn signal. If it's not worth replacing because its been cut, just let me know that too.

The below pic is my fuse block inside the right side fairing. You can see the factory RS directional and the wharness running up from there. The stock connector is just under my after market wiring. You should be able to see it peeking down from the inner black fairing.

Thanks!

The large grey plug, plugs into the main factory wiring harness in the fairing.
If you just follow your directional wires, that gray connector is clipped onto the inner fairing.

The front lights are running and directionals(3 wires:, ground, running and directional). Those adapters appear to eliminate the running light, ie directionals only as there's only 2 wires coming out...

If your MAIN harness is NOT HACKED UP, that adapter will plug in. If the 3 wires hanging loose are the actual directional wires, just cut, the gray plug will be farther up

The below pic is my power distribution block. You can see the right directional and the harness coming upward. The actual connector (that you listed kit plugs into) is just under where my fuses are. if you double click on the pic, it'll enlarge.

My GPS positive line is wired into that front running light wire, grounded at the block..

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Here is a link to some parts.... http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-...-where-you-found-electrical-parts-thread.html

Is this intact on your bike? OEM main harness from left side.
picture.php

Grey Plugs to run/directions in fairing...
picture.php

The rear has them also, but just two wires...
picture.php

mnuttall87

Reaction score
Visit site
These are the pictures I was looking for guys. I think I need to dig out my wires a little farther up and make sure it is still intact -- I was under the impression that it had been cut a lot further down.

I will report back when I start tearing apart this week!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
These are the pictures I was looking for guys. I think I need to dig out my wires a little farther up and make sure it is still intact -- I was under the impression that it had been cut a lot further down.

I will report back when I start tearing apart this week!

If the PO just cut the wires on the directional end, when installing aftermarket directionals, you really won't need those adapters.

Just tie into the wires that's already there. :thumbup: