OCD issues and hair

mech75

Reaction score
Visit site
I know helmet head has been discussed, how nasty does the helmet liner get using hair gel? And how often (if ever for some of ya) can you wash that thing before it gets too messed up?

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
you can clean it as often as you want as long as you do it properly, Use COLD water or you will melt the glue.

Bren

Reaction score
Visit site
What kind of helmet liner are you talking about; a separate piece of cloth like these: Helmet liners or the paddings inside the helmet?

If you mean the paddings then I'd suggest you get yourself a Buff or a balaclava that kind. It can be washed after every use and it will dry quite fast. (And even faster with a little help from a hair dryer.)

fudge_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
If you always use hair gel and put on a helmet you really should think about getting a helmet with a removable liner like a scorpion exo400 they cost >150$ American. check out the review on them at helmetharbour.com

trailblazer87

Curve Hound
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I'm down with the shaved heads:thumbup:

As for cleaning, there are some spray on in helmet liner fresheners you can try. I have used some and it seems to take the funk out at least. Even with a closely cropped hair do, you still sweat and it can make your helmet smell awful after a while.

msalannaz

Reaction score
Visit site
I know helmet head has been discussed, how nasty does the helmet liner get using hair gel? And how often (if ever for some of ya) can you wash that thing before it gets too messed up?

If you want to know how to wash something, ask a woman for goodness sake...especially when it comes to hair care. My helmet is an HJC and the liner snaps in and out, I don't know what yours does, but it should be similar. Mine gets more makeup/blush on it than hair products. Take out the padding and wash in lukewarm water with a shot of dish soap. Wash it well and then put in a warm dry place to continue drying it. Try this...switch to a silicone based gel when you ride and you may like it and switch all together? When it dries it does not transfer like other gels do.

Good luck!

Alanna

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
If you want to know how to wash something, ask a woman for goodness sake...especially when it comes to hair care. My helmet is an HJC and the liner snaps in and out, I don't know what yours does, but it should be similar. Mine gets more makeup/blush on it than hair products. Take out the padding and wash in lukewarm water with a shot of dish soap. Wash it well and then put in a warm dry place to continue drying it. Try this...switch to a silicone based gel when you ride and you may like it and switch all together? When it dries it does not transfer like other gels do.

Good luck!

Alanna

you go girl! :thumbup:
is the silicone based gel the one for like .99 cents at wal-mart? and you expect a guy to buy it?:p