numb hands

SeekGod1st

Reaction score
Visit site
Go to a general sporting good store and buy loose diving weight. I purchased a 5lb. bag and then removed the bar end and filled the bar with lead bbs. Huge difference, everyone should do it.

Grip puppies work but feel to big in my hands and my hands are not small.

1" up and 1" back helped as well.

Gripping lightly helps a great deal along with putting the majority of my grip pressure on my thumb and index finger.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Good to see I’m not on my own with this, thanks for the replies I have just ordered some Grip Puppies.

It's important to have the correct ergonomics.... that's the biggest part of having your hands go numb, in my view. If you have a death grip on the bars, you don't get much circulation. If your elbows are locked straight, you will have issues with circulation. If your jacket's retention systems are too tight...... you will suffer poor circulation. If your gloves are too tight...... you will suffer as well. A combination of the above will definitely aggravate things.

You should be able to 'flap' your elbows while you are riding the bike. In your normal riding stance, your fore arms and the tops of the backs of your hands should be in very nearly a straight line.

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
I had the same problem until I noticed i was squeezing the heck out of the grips. Since I loosened my grip slightly, I haven't noticed any problems.

Sometimes though on long highway rides the vibrations on the footpegs cause my feet to go number. This isn't until maybe 2 hours in. I've found no solution to that one though.

Terri_One

Reaction score
Visit site
i added adhesives (dunno what type, but just mix two and it stays soft upon curing) inside the handlebar and also added heavier bar ends (from Motovation). the vibrations are greatly reduced and this help to make the ride more comfy. No numbness in hands. I also have the famous BMW grips.

ice

Reaction score
Visit site
I have read that FZ owners get numb hands because of vibes.
I have an 2008 FZ and it seems smooth to me.
My right hand does get tired and kinda numb at times.
I think the main cause is that the seating position leans the rider forward and shifts weight to the hands.
I put a Throttle Boss on mine and it helped a lot. I lay my hand on the Boss with fingers outstretched. This made a considerable difference in comfort.
Grip Puppies and a Throttle Boss together should be a big improvement over stock.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the feedback I will try to put into practise all the advise, I think by the sounds of things its bad practise on my part still being new to riding having only past my motorcycle test 27.12.2009. I'm probably putting way too much weight on the bars & squeezing the hell out of the grips.

Yep, i reckon this is the majority of the problem....fix your riding technique, rather than getting Grip Puppies, or somethinmg, which might fix the immediate cause of the problem, but only masks it really...

You will also find that if you relax your grip on the bars, your lower back wont tighten up so quickly after a long stint in the saddle...

:thumbup: