Nothing quite like watching your girlfriend go down!

ny08r6

Reaction score
Visit site
..take your minds out of the gutter! On the way home last night the gf pushed her fz6 a little to hard on the turns and slid into a flip (quite the sparkshow) Shes is ok..and the bike needs a little work, but all in all not too bad. The givi crash cage saved the engine and most of the bike for the crash (the initial impact actually bent the cage up into the cover!)

and now for the pics:
IMG_3682.jpg

IMG_3683.jpg

IMG_3682.jpg

IMG_3685.jpg

IMG_3686.jpg

IMG_3688.jpg

IMG_3689.jpg

all in all not too bad..the slide on the left side didn't do much damage short of a dent in the tank from the drag bars..the flip onto the right side broke off the foot peg (anyone got one to sell me?) and cracked the hell out of the grab bar and right rear fairing. she bashed her head pretty hard but luckily wore her gear and just has a sore knee

Keits

Dela-Where?
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
That scenario...watching a friend wreck out or heaven forbid a g/f or spouse has gotta be gut-wrenching. I'm so glad everybody was ok ..........

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
glad to hear she is ok.. i agree that the crash cage seemed to do its job.. hopefully it wont need that much work

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Damn! Sorry to hear about her off and glad she is OK! Kudos for her wearing gear!

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad she's ok.

Is she just an aggressive rider :rockon: and pushed too much on the street? or did she just go beyond her skill level?

Either way, glad you'all had the protection.

I think I've seen just way too many of these types of posts here and other places in last few days. This weekend, even I had an "oh shoot" situation on my cruiser.

Dennis

darkrider

Reaction score
Visit site
That just sounded all kinds of wrong...lol. Glad she's ok. I once watched a lady friend of mines that I was teaching how to ride crash into a bunch of bushes at low speed, all I could do is laugh!!! She popped up laughing as well...good times...good times!

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lucky! Engine crash bars seemed to do their job.

Glad she was geared up and is ok.

Good luck with the repairs.

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Like everyone else said, I'm glad she's okay. I don't know who she is, or what she looks like, but she's a 10 in my books for riding.

I wish I was lucky enough to have a girlfriend, yet alone ride too!

Oh by the way, no offense to her, but I love the title to your thread.

Classic!

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey glad your alright, and the girlfriend, I read the post and took some glances at the pictures and noticed you had a tore seat. I am sure she was upset about it and I want to help out with the bike. I have a stock seat off my 2004 fz6 I am not using and thought you might need it. I will give it to you free as long as you pay the shipping on it. Its a pretty scary thought to watch someone you know go down family, friend, girlfriend, etc. An thank god for the crash bars, I am impressed enough to buy a set for myself. The seat is in great condition with no tears. I have been trying to sell it but I think you need it more than me.

Jarad

U Don't Fit on Back
Reaction score
Visit site
Just joining the party now... I can't imagine the gut drop as she was going down... must have been in your boots! :jawdrop:

Glad to hear everyone is alright and you are able to show the rest of us the nice job the engine guard did... wow... I am impressed...