Not sure what to make of it.......

S

sportrider

you guys don't like my titanium reinforced t-shirt/jeans? :Flip:

I had more important things to worry about before that ride started.
ya life is highly over rated!!!:Flip:

what roads did you cover? did I miss the post of this ride or did you not post it?

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It wasn't organized on this forum. pchbreeze mentioned it here though and posted a link to the sbn forum where it was planned.

I think some of them are planning to ride again this weekend, is that right pch?

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
This weekend, I plan to stay overnight since 'petshopboy' (Joe) is going to take us on some good rides around there. I know nor cal and i know central cal...there are a lot of good roads up there...it'll take a while to get up there but oh well...mucho worth it.
I might even ride up Friday night...who knows.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This weekend, I plan to stay overnight since 'petshopboy' (Joe) is going to take us on some good rides around there. I know nor cal and i know central cal...there are a lot of good roads up there...it'll take a while to get up there but oh well...mucho worth it.
I might even ride up Friday night...who knows.
Have you packed your titanium t-shirt and jeans?

S

sportrider

I haven't been on SBN in a while, maybe next time I'll see if I can join the ride!!! (not this weekend though son's birthday)
:Sport:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Mate im not dogging you at all. If I had the kit to do a vid I would also be concentrating on production quality. Your lack of lateral wrist movement shows you were totally relaxed. That means you were safe, and enjoying yourself. Its the lack of wrist movement in view I was referring to. Hold your hands out in front of you and pretend you are riding (go on you know you want to) now keeping our arms straight in front of you move to the side. The more you move the more your wrists have to compensate to keep your hands in a level plain. Your hands are in view through out the video. Their position does not change to much. Yet the cleverly shot vid gives the impression of speed and a slightly on the edge feel. (to me anyway). I feel like I'm digging a hole for myself here. It was just an observation mot a criticism. As alas I am also no “Rossi either”. Now whereas me invite? As for your mate, Im sure he would not walk out of a bathroom with his dick swinging as he just forgot to zip his fly.

I think I got your point :) you would have noticed more movement on my part (arms, wrist etc) if I would have been sliding my *** half way off the seat in each turn, but 2 things: 1) it was my first time riding this road and did not know what each turn had to offer so I took it easy, and 2) even if I did know the road, my form is far from perfect and I have a lot to learn... so I`ll take any advice I can get ;)

You can see in the video... after a while with this dood on my *** (wasn't part of our group), I clearly noticed he was bored, so I let him pass... and that's when I realized how freaking slow I was... he was out of sight in like 2.5seconds! I keep telling myself that it's because he knew the road... lol

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a mio system to. The customer backup here is ****e. I have sent over 20 e-mails over a technical issue and have as of yet not had one response. That said I am very pleased with the Mio. I have never encountered any of the urban legend problems with sat nav you hear about.

Never had an issue with it so I wouldn`t know about customer service... they probably just don`t give a **** about you english ppl (I was born and grew up in France FYI) :Sport:

S

sportrider

looks like a good ride!! nice camera work btw!!!! oh and I'm kinda tired right now so if I haven't talked to ya before Welcome Aboard!!!!!:Sport:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks bro... if you ever plan to ride up there, just take the 33 from Ventura... and when 33 ends (the twisty part), just U-Turn and do it again... taking the 166 was boring as hell. Next time I`ll do it back and forth it's so much fun.

Man I wanna go back there right now!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think I got your point :) you would have noticed more movement on my part (arms, wrist etc) if I would have been sliding my *** half way off the seat in each turn, but 2 things: 1) it was my first time riding this road and did not know what each turn had to offer so I took it easy, and 2) even if I did know the road, my form is far from perfect and I have a lot to learn... so I`ll take any advice I can get ;)

You can see in the video... after a while with this dood on my *** (wasn't part of our group), I clearly noticed he was bored, so I let him pass... and that's when I realized how freaking slow I was... he was out of sight in like 2.5seconds! I keep telling myself that it's because he knew the road... lol
Totally cool with your rational for taking it easy. In the UK half of our road deaths are on rural roads. Even when you think you know the road it can still catch you out. Theres nothing wrong with chilling. I have a moto that "its better to be ten minutes late in this world. Than ten minutes earlier in the next. Neil

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey thanks mickey for posting that up :)

James, the camera is indeed a Sony mini dv camera, that you can buy for about $400-$500 just about anywhere (electronic stores or online). I also added a wide angle lense, which just screws on the original Carl Zeis lens.

The camera itself holds in the palm of your hand and any mini dv camera (even cheaper), will give you the same -or close enough- quality (I actually have the movie on a DVD, with DVD quality, but had to compress it for youtube upload purposes... that's why it looks kindda crappy)

I got the tank mount from HERE (great seller btw), and it comes with everything you need... it will work with any mini dv camera, since it uses the standard camera stand mounting thread (located under the camera).

Finally, I used Adobe Premiere Pro for the editing part... but that's like a professional software... so I wouldn`t recommend it to start. Cyberlink Powerdirector 6 or the last Pinnacle Studio are GREAT for beginners and will allow you to do great video work in little time.

Good luck :rockon:

Thank You for the info. I'm actually going to BestBuy tonight to look at cameras. I saw online that some of them come with basic editing software, so i figured why not. If i see one i like I'll spend the next couple weeks figuring it out. And thanks for the link, i will look into one of those kits as well.

Have fun and be safe!!!:Sport:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Totally cool with your rational for taking it easy. In the UK half of our road deaths are on rural roads. Even when you think you know the road it can still catch you out. Theres nothing wrong with chilling. I have a moto that "its better to be ten minutes late in this world. Than ten minutes earlier in the next. Neil

Yep, very true!

Oh and for the invite, I`d offer you to crash at my house if my wife wasn't expecting in the next 2-3 weeks!
But if you're ever in Cali, let me know and we`ll definitely ride :)

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, very true!

Oh and for the invite, I`d offer you to crash at my house if my wife wasn't expecting in the next 2-3 weeks!
But if you're ever in Cali, let me know and we`ll definitely ride :)
Congrats on the impending new arrival. Is it your first? My wife is expecting our 3rd in December. One day I may get back out to the states and could well take you guys up on the offer.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the impending new arrival. Is it your first? My wife is expecting our 3rd in December. One day I may get back out to the states and could well take you guys up on the offer.

1st one indeed :) A girl :rockon:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
1st one indeed :) A girl :rockon:
OOOOHHHHHHHH mate if you thought that your wife could hold your heart strings to ransom, you just wait. I have boys and a girl and they are all special. But im telling you (the time will fly) whens she is six months old and you come in from work, all tired and fed up. Bam, You will get the greeting of your life. She will ,look up at you and give you a welcome that makes you feel that your the best thing since fuel injection.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
a welcome that makes you feel that your the best thing since fuel injection.

hahah I like the analogy! I don`t fully realize yet, but for sure she will be my princess...
Thanks bro I usually hear the "oh no, you`re gonna have a kid, your life is over" comments on such msg boards, so your post was very welcome :)

W

wrightme43

Yeah dude she is going to own your heart. Its crazy.
Little girls need dads, and dads need little girls.