Not sure what to make of it.......

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
This vid has 2 guys. One is on an r6? and the other is on a euro-style fz. I think the guy in all black is supposed to be a bike tester. Well, as the videos goes the guy in black just keeps pulling wheelies and sliding the back end around the track/parking lot they are on. Not too many vids show an FZ6 go from a stoppie to a wheelie, without the guy even putting his feet down.....:D

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJoG9DYLDn0[/nomedia]

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great vid James, clearly illustrating the style and charisma of the noble black and silver one.

W

wrightme43

Your killing me Perry. LOL
Great video James. I like that he did all that where it was safe to that. Wheelies and endos, and slides are cool as hell off the highways I drive down with my little 5 year old. On the road I have a desire to run them into the ditch, and I ride. I cant imagine what people that dont ride think about it.
Then again I may be just a tad bit unstable.

Anyway great video, I smiled all thru it.

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the positive responses guys. I will try to find more and I am going to try and gather all the web-sites that i can find that offer FZ6 accessories. I will put it in the mod section when i compile a list.....I'll even try to get some for you guys in the UK.

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaH5I2A8lRE[/nomedia]

This is video by Wavex from our ride last Sat. there were five FZ6 and one Honda 1100. It's a great video!

Last edited:

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
You west coast folk don't know how lucky you've got it...we don't have any scenery like that out here. Looks like you guys had a pretty good time.

By the way, kudos to wavex on a solid video editing job, that was really well done.

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think it's a GPS unit.

His naked conversion looks really good.

And I agree, he has excellent video production skills.

Oh yeah, he's a really nice guy too.

Met pchbreeze too, also a very nice guy!

I think the FZ6 must just attract good people. Haven't met an owner yet that I dislike. :thumbup:

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
Great vid. We have roads like that around here in Texas. The only problem is where i live is all flat. You guys have some hills to make things interesting.

By the way...what kind of camera did you use to film it? And how much does one cost or where can i get one?

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, it wasn't me that did the video. I think Wavex (the author/director/producer/editor) checks this board occasionally so maybe he will answer. I think it was a sony digital camcorder but I don't know the model.

One cool thing is that he made a camera mount that bolts into the gas cap bolts. I think he also had a wide angle lens adapter on the camcorder.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Your killing me Perry. LOL
Great video James. I like that he did all that where it was safe to that. Wheelies and endos, and slides are cool as hell off the highways I drive down with my little 5 year old. On the road I have a desire to run them into the ditch, and I ride. I cant imagine what people that dont ride think about it.
Then again I may be just a tad bit unstable.

Anyway great video, I smiled all thru it.
Mate, I have heard subs can do that to a fella (the boats not the sandwhich)?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
YouTube - FZ6 SoCal Ride 7-28-07

This is video by Wavex from our ride last Sat. there were five FZ6 and one Honda 1100. It's a great video!
Thats a great vid. I had to admire the wanker in the blues safety gear. its new in ;designed by MORGE.......... The film maker looked kitted out though. Mabey its me but did any of you notice the riders wrist position didn't change. This was probably because he road with in his limits. When you lean off the bike your wrist become much more mobile in a lateral plain. Still its a great vid that captures the spirit of biking. I wish we had sun and roads like that (I can't believe that none of you have got the hint. Where is my invite?)

Last edited:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Great vid. We have roads like that around here in Texas. The only problem is where i live is all flat. You guys have some hills to make things interesting.

By the way...what kind of camera did you use to film it? And how much does one cost or where can i get one?

Hey thanks mickey for posting that up :)

James, the camera is indeed a Sony mini dv camera, that you can buy for about $400-$500 just about anywhere (electronic stores or online). I also added a wide angle lense, which just screws on the original Carl Zeis lens.

The camera itself holds in the palm of your hand and any mini dv camera (even cheaper), will give you the same -or close enough- quality (I actually have the movie on a DVD, with DVD quality, but had to compress it for youtube upload purposes... that's why it looks kindda crappy)

I got the tank mount from HERE (great seller btw), and it comes with everything you need... it will work with any mini dv camera, since it uses the standard camera stand mounting thread (located under the camera).

Finally, I used Adobe Premiere Pro for the editing part... but that's like a professional software... so I wouldn`t recommend it to start. Cyberlink Powerdirector 6 or the last Pinnacle Studio are GREAT for beginners and will allow you to do great video work in little time.

Good luck :rockon:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats a great vid. I had to admire the wanker in the blues safety gear. its new in ;designed by MORGE.......... The film maker looked kitted out though. Mabey its me but did any of you notice the riders wrist position didn't change. This was probably because he road with in his limits. When you lean off the bike your wrist become much more mobile in a lateral plain. Still its a great vid that captures the spirit of biking. I wish we had sun and roads like that (I can't believe that none of you have got the hint. Where is my invite?)

lol @ the gear comment... stop it we already blasted him for it... he is ashamed of himself! (he has gear, but "forgot" it...)

I had all my gear indeed... no f_en around.

Yes, I am no racer or anything, I don`t have that kindda skills :) I wasn't trying to be Rossi, but will keep your wrist comment in mind (even though where the hell do you see my wrist in the vid? heh)

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
lol @ the gear comment... stop it we already blasted him for it... he is ashamed of himself! (he has gear, but "forgot" it...)

I had all my gear indeed... no f_en around.

Yes, I am no racer or anything, I don`t have that kindda skills :) I wasn't trying to be Rossi, but will keep your wrist comment in mind (even though where the hell do you see my wrist in the vid? heh)
Mate im not dogging you at all. If I had the kit to do a vid I would also be concentrating on production quality. Your lack of lateral wrist movement shows you were totally relaxed. That means you were safe, and enjoying yourself. Its the lack of wrist movement in view I was referring to. Hold your hands out in front of you and pretend you are riding (go on you know you want to) now keeping our arms straight in front of you move to the side. The more you move the more your wrists have to compensate to keep your hands in a level plain. Your hands are in view through out the video. Their position does not change to much. Yet the cleverly shot vid gives the impression of speed and a slightly on the edge feel. (to me anyway). I feel like I'm digging a hole for myself here. It was just an observation mot a criticism. As alas I am also no “Rossi either”. Now whereas me invite? As for your mate, Im sure he would not walk out of a bathroom with his dick swinging as he just forgot to zip his fly.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mio GPS. GREAT one btw...
I have a mio system to. The customer backup here is ****e. I have sent over 20 e-mails over a technical issue and have as of yet not had one response. That said I am very pleased with the Mio. I have never encountered any of the urban legend problems with sat nav you hear about.